Problem posting when using Firefox

Anyone else having problem replying to anything when using Firefox, I have tried all the usual deletion of cookies/log out log in etc to no avail, no problem on any other site, currently having to use Microsoft Edge.

Stuart.

Roger is forever complaining that something is wrong with this forum as he can’t post on it but can post on all his other TR etc forums. He is not using Firefox but Google Chrome.

I use Safari on my I-pad and have noticed that it is now very difficult to change pages, I keep getting little boxes pop up which if you tap on then open up to the page but it is so much slower this way. There is also a new bar at the bottom of my screen which wants to take you elsewhere on the TR a register site

We  both think that this is exclusive to the TR Register Forum/Site.

55 minutes ago, RobH said:

Just trying this in Firefox to check

Edit- that worked OK

I expect you have tried all this already Stuart:

https://support.mozilla.org/en-US/questions/940304

Interestingly the particular Gremlin must have been listening and now I can post again, took two days nearly as I couldnt post all day yesterday as well. Strange goings on in the machine :huh:

Stuart.

1 hour ago, stuart said:

Interestingly the particular Gremlin must have been listening and now I can post again, took two days nearly as I couldnt post all day yesterday as well. Strange goings on in the machine :huh:

Stuart.

:unsure::wacko::blink: it’s like the IT Dept @ LBH if you reported a problem they would tell you to switch off ( Do a hard reset) and while you were doing that for the millionth time they would fix the problem.

see attached for pics of my new gremlins, one of which occurred whilst posting this.....!

EC5C7629-EBC0-4779-B0AD-0DBADEA99D23.png

A47A3A6E-23A2-4C1F-96A5-01F7B0DB7546.jpeg

79BD735F-B4FE-4891-BA13-F2123C29DE0B.jpeg

Not sure those are all 'gremlins' Sue. The first one is the @ character which makes Safari think you are typing an e-mail address, so it searches your contacts list to match the next characters you type.  It 's actually trying to be helpful.........but like the MS clippy saga it just usually annoys. 

I’ve just realised that I’m using Google not Safari,this is the other very annoying box I keep getting when trying to change pages. This has been happening only for the last few weeks. If I tap on it eventually the full page opens up from the right side of the screen to the left. Prior to this you just tapped on the topic heading and the whole screen opened up. Seems a backward step to me, maybe it’s Google.

254DA7FD-04C9-4FDC-9C1C-1EF41D78F1B4.png

Edited by SuzanneH
On 4/2/2021 at 12:36 PM, SuzanneH said:

Roger is forever complaining that something is wrong with this forum as he can’t post on it but can post on all his other TR etc forums. He is not using Firefox but Google Chrome.

I use Safari on my I-pad and have noticed that it is now very difficult to change pages, I keep getting little boxes pop up which if you tap on then open up to the page but it is so much slower this way. There is also a new bar at the bottom of my screen which wants to take you elsewhere on the TR a register site

We  both think that this is exclusive to the TR Register Forum/Site.

Which iOS on the iPad and which model iPad?

My old iPad mini ver 1 will now not allow any postings on this web forum even if logged in.   That runs Safari too and the most modern iOS that iPad will update to.  (9.3.5) I can only use it to view this forum.

I am writing this using iPad (8th generation)with iOS 14.4.2 in Safari and all works fine.   I delete all cookies every week as advised when I first got an iPad.  

I have not seen the extra dialogue or boxes you mention.  
Perhaps....update your iOS and Try deleting all cookies see if it is some sinister unsafe spy like a google cookie is grabbing controls and  feeding you unwanted items.

Peter W

This is my I-pad, see photo.

I didn’t think cookies are a problem on an i-pad and needed to be deleted or that  it can be infected by anything sinister.

However I do go into this forum via Google as I said above and do think that the problems I am having could be caused by Google.

50EF021D-3256-40DE-A5A0-E8C5048AC3B5.png

Edited by SuzanneH

I run a 2009 iMac and  use any of Firefox, Safari, Google Chrome, and I have not experienced any problems recently.

I don't normally use Microsoft except for their Office products, so no idea if their browser has any issues.

Ditto Linux.

I used to prefer Google Chrome, but I no longer trust them. Firefox is my goto browser for most things, although Safari seems to be getting better over time.

TT