Soft top frame and seatbelts

Fitted new belts to my car as the old inertia didn't have the top fixing on the wheel arch. Instead this had been plugged up with a rubber grommet. I now know why, when I put the top soft top down it hits the swivel fixing for the belt. I'm guessing this is a common problem and could be resolved with a simple bumper stop. I'm thinking about 3D printing a part that clips on the frame to prevent it resting on my belts. Any other solutions out there? Would prefer inertia to static.

Thanks

If you fitted a bump stop would this not prevent the hood frame from collapsing properly and fitting behind the padded leather(ette) covers? Do you have a pic illustrating the point?

Cheers

Andy

32 minutes ago, Ocheye said:

If you fitted a bump stop would this not prevent the hood frame from collapsing properly and fitting behind the padded leather(ette) covers? Do you have a pic illustrating the point?

Cheers

Andy

Just checked it and it sits fine, going ahead with a 3D print. It is raised slightly but not too bad at all.

Why not fit a small extension bracket from 4mm steel to move the mounting out a little. The hood frame you have should have a bump rubber on it anyway being a TR5 one as that was deleted on a 6. item 65 here Hood frame

Stuart.

1 hour ago, stuart said:

Why not fit a small extension bracket from 4mm steel to move the mounting out a little. The hood frame you have should have a bump rubber on it anyway being a TR5 one as that was deleted on a 6. item 65 here Hood frame

Stuart.

Yes, the small rubber bumber is there. Unfortunately, it fouls the bracket. When I start restoring the car I will weld the holes up and re-drill properly.