Add Bluetooth to your old car radio

After trying a few of this type of thing I have finally found one that works properly & give stereo sound (all others only do mono)

Just need to supply it with 5 Volts, & link up the stereo output to the radio's audio amp, then you can play all those MP3 tunes you have stored on your phone.

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Bluetooth-Audio-Receiver-Board-5-0-mp3-Wireless-Stereo-Music-Module-UK/184672704472

Bob.

I use this one in the TR works well and no interference, also just fits under the front of the drivers seat, not used a lot when Carole is out for a run with me as she just likes to listen to the things going on around us.

Mike Redrose Group 

055202B0-5AE1-44CD-BE46-54693CEB9B20.png

I just use one like this connectect to my existing stereo. 
Blue tooth to aux

tim

They are good for a radio with an existing USB socket, but not suitable for upgrading a "period" radio.

Have you checked that it actually outputs stereo ? Two of a similar kind I have tried output the left channel only, but put it on to both speakers (left & right connections linked together.)

Bob.

• 1 year later...
On 4/2/2021 at 7:32 AM, BRENDA1 said:

I use this one in the TR works well and no interference, also just fits under the front of the drivers seat, not used a lot when Carole is out for a run with me as she just likes to listen to the things going on around us.

Mike Redrose Group 

055202B0-5AE1-44CD-BE46-54693CEB9B20.png

Is that the Anker Soundcore 3 by chance? We had a raffle at work and that's one of the choices I have so thought I would check before clicking to accept. Do you get enough sound with the hood off to make it useful? Thanks in advance!

Any recommendations on the best one to just stream from a mobile phone?  No radio in my TR at present and I don't particularly want to go down the path of converting my original Radiomobile. I had a look at the JBL type recommended by ntc and their Charge 5 looks a possibility.  

cheers

Derek 

1 hour ago, saffrontr said:

Any recommendations on the best one to just stream from a mobile phone?  No radio in my TR at present and I don't particularly want to go down the path of converting my original Radiomobile. I had a look at the JBL type recommended by ntc and their Charge 5 looks a possibility.  

cheers

Derek 

Hi Derek, that’s my plan with the Anker if I get confirmation it’s good enough. I’m mostly looking to play jazz, some classic rock