Has anyone fitted, or know of any form of servo to fit and assist the clutch pedal.

I find I get cramp, especially in heavy traffic or town driving, and it's almost as if the clutch pedal is too close to the floor.

I understand that carpeting with underfelt underneath doesn't help - but even a higher pedal would also help, so any resolves would be considered.

Michael F.

Yes, Bald Rick that used to be on here had one on his 6 it worked well.

Stuart.

Tonys TR6 623.JPG

Though if your pedal takeup is almost on the floor it could be the clutch cross shaft pin broken

Stuart.

3 hours ago, stuart said:

Though if your pedal takeup is almost on the floor it could be the clutch cross shaft pin broken

Stuart.

The pedal operates fine, and is in the correct place, but I just find the angle of my foot to the pedal too acute, and it causes cramp in my leg. If the whole pedal assembly were higher off the floor, the angle would be less, and more comfortable.  The pedal operates correctly - full travel, so no issue with the car as such - just my leg.  If I could actually make the point of contact between my foot and the pedal rubber a couple of inches higher off the floor, it would be fine.

The alternative is making it lighter in use - hence the servo query.

Edited by mafield
9 minutes ago, Z320 said:

Hi Stuart,

please tell Tony this beauty of a petrol filter a a phantasy product, 100% scrap, it caused me massiv problems last year.

QjI9zXPtVCv29nm7mmM7UNGgoUhrL6PCBmSgWFQE

Here is the story

If it's the same he please must kick it out as soon as possible.

Ciao, Marco

Not the same type I have used the same as Stuart did on Weber’s for many years and never had a issue 

Hi Michael

I bought a TR4 at the end of 2019 and it had a servo fitted to the clutch, it's the one on the left in the photo.  I was told that the PO had similar issues to those you describe hence the fitting of the servo. I must admit I didn't like it and the clutch is going back to original configuration. If you do decide to get a servo I have a couple spare on the shelf if you want.

Dave 

IMG-20210219-WA0000.jpg

If you just need the pedal higher off the floor, find or make a slightly longer push rod from pedal to master cylinder.

It only needs to be a few mm longer, if you measure the ratio from the pedal pivot to the pedal rubber verses the push rod location to pedal pivot you should be able to calculate the extra length needed to lift the pedal the amount you require.

Be careful of bottoming the seals in the master cylinder, I welded a bolt to the clutch pedal so it hits the bulkhead before the master cylinder bottoms out.

Neil

• 3 weeks later...

Being very short in the legs (and arms), I have always found difficulty in de-clutching properly, but in 2009 I fitted an adjustable rod from Revington (RTR4136K) to my clutch master cylinder, and this has made life so much easier.  In fact, I put a stop on the bulkhead to stop me ramming the piston into the end of the master cylinder.

Ian Cornish

Just a thought, have you got an “uprated” clutch cover?

TR 5/6 clutches should not be unduly heavy.

You could also try a 0.7” bore master cylinder instead of the .75” one your 5 probably has. Makes about a 7% reduction in effort but longer travel. (Both are sold for the 6s) 

• 1 year later...