Drew Pritchard TR4 for sale

For sale on Ebay is a TR4 from Drew Pritchard. Car restoration TV show . Registered BHY430C it has been upgraded and the work is done to a low mileage car . Does anybody know of the car and what’s your views about it .

Edited by roymck
22 minutes ago, Colin Symonds said:

Do you have a link?

Here TR4

By the looks of it they want purchaser to appear in the programme. Bit ambitious on their pricing.

Stuart.

Edited by stuart

They should have left it alone, it would be more "valuable", certainly more comfortable. Why fit all that bling?  I think I may have lost the plot, upgrades are the classic car equivalent of an SUV - pointless but sell well to the gullible and make loads of money for the manufacturers.

Mick

Revington's suspension modifications will have improved the handling considerably.

But why fit those horrible and obtrusive wing vents when Revington offers proper replicas of the Works' version?

Not keen on the wheels with 3-eared spinners either!

Ian Cornish

Edited by ianc

He always seems to put rubbish wheels on all the cars he's been involved with and I must say hasn't really improved this either Im with Mick should have left alone, along with some of the others he's been involved with 

Chris  

Interesting that the Barrett-Jackson TR4 had been upgraded with disc front brakes.  I thought that all TRs from the middle of the TR3s had been equipped with disc brakes.

And is putting twin pipes and silencers on a TR4 exhaust system just bling?

Suspension modifications: yes, others do offer packages, but, as far as I am aware, Neil is the only proprietor who designs his products and then proves them in competition.  And his numerous competition successes over many decades offer ample testimony to the beneficial effects of his offerings.

Ian Cornish

Nice looking car, mostly. The wing vents are absolutely ghastly. And I wouldn't be driving it with an unpadded roll cage right next to my ear hole.

Blockley tyres - interesting.

Critique-ing someone else's car is always interesting, isn't it!

Nigel

Not a fan of wing vents they look like the have been made out of a selection  of bits from various  RangeRover wing vents.

4 hours ago, RogerH said:

Is it just me, but I find him the most boring person to listen to.

The car looks OK.

Roger

You've said that before Roger, but I find it hard to understand why. To me, he seems less monotonous than the narrator for Salvage Hunters.

Pete

The wing vents which the Works had to install in 1962 prior to the Liège Rally were to allow heat to escape from the engine compartment when the cars had skid shield and a further shield to protect sump and gearbox/overdrive.  All this protection meant that the hot air from radiator and engine couldn't just fall out of the bottom of the engine compartment, so wing vents were installed.

The vents, probably devised by Ray Henderson, Graham's chief mechanic, were neat and utilised the Herald grille, of which there would have been a plentiful supply!

Ian Cornish

I find the vents horrible. The black wheels with the three ear spinners look wrong, too. Also surprised with combining a roll bar with the original seats. It looks pretty easy to bang your head on the roll bar...

45 minutes ago, Hamish said:

Interesting that it has blockley tyres. 

Interesting ...but not surprising.

Just as Wheeler Dealers turned into a "product placement" programme where Ceramic coated exhaust manifolds were fitted to cars that were being offered to the general motoring public, without a requirement other than being sold on, and a 2 minute "this is the firm offering this great product" which could be advertised within the programme.

You can expect the "goodies" would be supplied FOC and maybe even a "sponsorship" fee paid just to get the airtime for the product. Own research is needed on EVERY occasion for whatever product is shown, doesn't necessarily mean the product is recommended or right for your application and car. 

Mick Richards

Edited by Motorsport Mickey

In Auto Bild's 'classic' tyre test in 2019 on a Healey 3000, the Blockley tyres didn't do well they came a distant sixth, behind Dunlop Sport Classic, Michelin XVS, Vredestein Sprint Classic, Pirelli CA67 and Avon Radial Steel.  Only beating Retro RC101 and a no-name budget tyre.  

14 hours ago, Colin Symonds said:

In Auto Bild's 'classic' tyre test in 2019 on a Healey 3000, the Blockley tyres didn't do well they came a distant sixth, behind Dunlop Sport Classic, Michelin XVS, Vredestein Sprint Classic, Pirelli CA67 and Avon Radial Steel.  Only beating Retro RC101 and a no-name budget tyre.  

Interesting test, the top four all being £200+ a corner of course. They didn't include the Avon CR6ZZ (even more expensive) but I assume it would have been in the same territory or better, performance wise.

Looks like they also did a test of the top three classics in March, against modern equivalents. Would be very interested to see the results, but that's still paywalled. Anyone have a subscription?

Nigel