Tr3 vs Tr6 real world performance

54 minutes ago, ianc said:

Good to see that throughout you maintained a safe distance between the TR6 and your TR3 - I dislike tailgaters!

Ian Cornish

+1  I noted that with approval also.

Tim

On 3/30/2021 at 5:06 PM, ianc said:

Good to see that throughout you maintained a safe distance between the TR6 and your TR3 - I dislike tailgaters!

Ian Cornish

Thanks. The French used to be notorious tailgaters, always right up to your back bumper but it rarely happens now. 

Must be thanks to @Lebro's led lights! 

PXL-20210331-115831173.jpg

6 minutes ago, Deggers said:

Looking good, Eli. Glad to see you're still rolling sans hubcaps. :)

Cheers, Deggers

Thanks. Just need to sort out the lipstick. I'm thinking of having it painted black, it would be easier than having to match the rest of the paint and a lot more subtle than the yellow.

14 minutes ago, EliTR6 said:

Thanks. Just need to sort out the lipstick. I'm thinking of having it painted black, it would be easier than having to match the rest of the paint and a lot more subtle than the yellow.

Grill surround ?

I like the contrast very racey. stick with yellow or white ?

38 minutes ago, EliTR6 said:

The French used to be notorious tailgaters, always right up to your back bumper but it rarely happens now

Not so here!!
I’m getting a bit of a reputation in this area for pulling in and letting them pass me. If I ever get the opportunity to tell them why, my reply is always that I prefer their sort in front of me rather than behind. Always gets a ‘robuste’ response!

james

• 4 months later...

As owner of a Powder Blue (TR4) for some 51 years, that looks more like Wedgwood Blue, which is a slightly darker shade.

I posted a couple of shots of the four VC Rally cars elsewhere on the Forum * shortly after the recent Malvern weekend - they are not all exactly the same colour, with 5VC, which was  painted most recently, being noticeably different, but it has a different type of paint (4VC is in Two Pack and was painted in 1992; I imagine that 6VC and 3VC are also in Two Pack since all were painted at Revington TR).

However, one's perception of colour changes depending on the amount, direction and quality of the light.

Ian Cornish

* see subject "Malvern Photos" in Social Scene

Edited by ianc
On 4/1/2021 at 10:17 AM, james christie said:

Not so here!!
I’m getting a bit of a reputation in this area for pulling in and letting them pass me. If I ever get the opportunity to tell them why, my reply is always that I prefer their sort in front of me rather than behind. Always gets a ‘robuste’ response!

james

James, Bretagne is not in France. Well, that's most of the Bretons I know usually claim. B)