I am trying to seal the lid on the float chambers. There is a gasket  AUC 1147 supplied by Burlen. The two that I have are just too small. When you tighten it down it fails to make a proper seal. They are sending me two newly made ones in case mine came from an old supply.

If they do not fit how should I seal the lid. I do have a small tin of Heldtite compound and I am not keen to make such a secure seal in case I need to have access for cleaning etc.

Has anyone an answer ?

Thanks Richard & B

Richard, 

Normally the petrol level would be below this seal, only really going above it if the needle fails to seal and then the float chamber will overflow. You could have a go at making a gasket but that is a pretty thin gasket to seal. Without the right seal a small amount of silicon sealant would be OK I think. 

Neil

A Viton ‘o’ ring perhaps ?

Is there one here.  Measure the Inside diameter of the gasket and try it on the page  also measure the wall thickness of the chamber to find the cross section cord that might do.

https://www.bearingboys.co.uk/Metric-Orings-1631-c

11 hours ago, NCS_TR3A said:

Richard, 

Normally the petrol level would be below this seal, only really going above it if the needle fails to seal and then the float chamber will overflow. You could have a go at making a gasket but that is a pretty thin gasket to seal. Without the right seal a small amount of silicon sealant would be OK I think. 

Neil

Not silicone, it doesn`t agree with petrol, goes all gooey and swells up. Don`t ask how I know !

Ralph