Hi. I'm shortly to start the full restoration of my TR5, and it's likely that it will need a new chassis. Can anyone tell me if I can use a TR4a or TR6 chassis, with minimal modifications ? I'm sure that the information is out there somewhere, but I can't find it. Thanks. 

1 minute ago, dave bailey said:

Hi. I'm shortly to start the full restoration of my TR5, and it's likely that it will need a new chassis. Can anyone tell me if I can use a TR4a or TR6 chassis, with minimal modifications ? I'm sure that the information is out there somewhere, but I can't find it. Thanks. 

TR6 chassis as its near as shove it the same yes TR4a no not really not without a lot of mods.

Stuart.

Edited by stuart
  • 2 weeks later...

Happy Easter - hope the Bunnies haven't crapped in your Earl Grey this morning..

Not wanting to hijack the post, but is it possible, or feasible, to land a TR4 body on a TR5 chassis? After building up a couple of toys, I have a spare TR4 body, a spare TR5 chassis and 2.5PI engine and gearbox left over, and it kind of looks like a match to me.

Best regards

PeteB

20 hours ago, BigBogan said:

Happy Easter - hope the Bunnies haven't crapped in your Earl Grey this morning..

Not wanting to hijack the post, but is it possible, or feasible, to land a TR4 body on a TR5 chassis? After building up a couple of toys, I have a spare TR4 body, a spare TR5 chassis and 2.5PI engine and gearbox left over, and it kind of looks like a match to me.

Best regards

PeteB

Yes it will fit though you would really want to fit the extra mounts for the rear spring bridge, item 68 here Body shell

You would need some sort of ID to do this or it`ll have a Q plate.

Stuart.

• 2 weeks later...
On 4/5/2021 at 7:02 PM, stuart said:

Yes it will fit though you would really want to fit the extra mounts for the rear spring bridge, item 68 here Body shell

You would need some sort of ID to do this or it`ll have a Q plate.

Stuart.

Thanks Stuart - I'm in Oz, so there's a quite stringent engineering inspection regime in getting a car with mis-matched  or missing numbers registered (MOT'd), but at least it's fairly clear what needs to be done to satisfy the authorities. I take your point about adding the otherwise missing chassis mounts and fittings, but it seems like an irresistible project to put together a '5', even if it's not a true '5'..