Hi All

Further to recent chats on stator tube wiring and tight fit of wires I have a choice of two tubes both of which have old wiring stuck in them. the better of the two has wires out at both ends so not a case of bullets being stuck but wires will not move I think they are in a fabric sheath. Any ideas on how to shift them would be helpful, have soaked in WD40 but no joy.

Thanks

Robert.

5 hours ago, Lebro said:

Pull very hard ?

Bob

Yep, I have done a few and they eventually will free themselves. If you have both ends work them back and forwards.

5 hours ago, John McCormack said:

Yep, I have done a few and they eventually will free themselves. If you have both ends work them back and forwards.

Ooooo Matron!

The wiring in my stator tube was nipped off flush on both ends.  I drilled them out.  I started with a 1/8" standard bit, then an extension bit and finally a drill bit welded onto a small diameter rod.  It took a while and I was amazed at how much wire I got out of the tube.  I eventually used barrel cleaning brushes to remove all the debris.  It took a while but was worth it I think.

Steve 

funnily enough I was only looking at the ends of mine the other night as my horns seem to play different tunes each time I use them and wondered if the wiring in the stator being to "light". Can anyone tell what gauge it should be?

1 hour ago, Nigel C said:

funnily enough I was only looking at the ends of mine the other night as my horns seem to play different tunes each time I use them and wondered if the wiring in the stator being to "light". Can anyone tell what gauge it should be?

Bob's use of a relay is a good solution that I am going to implement

i never knew that this would be so difficult.  only have wires to grab at one end . Worried that i may brake them off when in the vice and pulling.Used full pulling power and no movement. 

Left over night with oil soaking down the tube which probably wont do much. 

Same as Roberts first post advice/help 

Roy

As you probably guessed the wires did break .

As Steve i drilled them out using a full length rod that fitted in it and made a flat on one end like a spade bit and fitted in a battery drill . Yes a long boring job [ pun ] but it worked and the new loom slid in .

Roy

Blow torch!

Waft it up and down the tube and eventually you will burn off the outter fabric sheath.

I don't think you will cause any damage to the tube doing it that way.

Charlie.

On 3/22/2021 at 5:41 PM, Nigel C said:

I'm guessing not then........