Cheaper Carb Alternatives for K&N Filters

Hi

I'm removing the standard airbox and really like the K&N filters but my budget is about half on what the K&Ns costs, ie £100 each.  These seem to be the K&Ns most fit over the pond on the carb cars, but wondered if anyone saw some nice cheaper ones?  

kn_569156_1.jpg

Edited by AarhusTr6
4 hours ago, AarhusTr6 said:

Hi

I'm removing the standard airbox and really like the K&N filters but my budget is about half on what the K&Ns costs, ie £100 each.  These seem to be the K&Ns most fit over the pond on the carb cars, but wondered if anyone saw some nice cheaper ones?  

kn_569156_1.jpg

These are a bit cheaper.

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/TRIUMPH-TR4A-TR5-TR6-STAINLESS-STEEL-HS6-SU-CONE-AIR-FILTER-GASKET-SCREWS-/284039671461?_trksid=p2349624.m46890.l49292

On 3/21/2021 at 11:03 AM, DRD said:

I just removed similar from my GT6 as they don't allow for the fitment of stub stacks.

• 1 month later...
2 hours ago, AarhusTr6 said:

Hi

The pic I dont hitnk is for the 175s but the ones they send me, apparantly will!  Richard

Indeed, this one is missing the hole on top. Ask me how I know...

I received the ones in the picture first and then had to sent them back <_<

On 5/21/2021 at 4:37 PM, washi said:

Indeed, this one is missing the hole on top. Ask me how I know...

I received the ones in the picture first and then had to sent them back <_<

Hi Washi

They wrote and said I would need to do some drilling, so if you got from same place, then your advice is what they are using!  I have access to some okay machinery so am happy to drill new holes.  This saves me 130 euros over K&N

53 minutes ago, AarhusTr6 said:

Hi Washi

They wrote and said I would need to do some drilling, so if you got from same place, then your advice is what they are using!  I have access to some okay machinery so am happy to drill new holes.  This saves me 130 euros over K&N

I’ve sent them back and then they shipped the correct ones. Got them from Bastuck

13 hours ago, washi said:

Did you manage to get them installed?

I am getting them drilled hopefully this weekend, will show pictures.  I am though really impressed with the quality of them, real German made !