Beware: Selling second hand parts into Europe.

I sold a second hand classic car part to a guy in Portugal. It was for a megre £30 + £20 carriage via UPS. I paid the UPS filled in the triplicate forms requred and took it to the drop off point. That was simple I thought, until the buyer mailed me. UPS want £28 from the buyer, this consists of just over £6 VAT and the rest is an administrative charge. So the total UPS are charging is £42. Nothing was said about this when I sent it. Evidentally most of the carriers are into this racket, although I have since been told Royal Mail Parcels Service does not.

Agreed Phil, similar has also happened to me with Parcelforce, VAT and Administrative charges.  They are raking it in, just like common crooks that have thought up a scam.!!

How long this will go on for, who knows, love that Brexit thing  !

Cheers Conrad. 

Anything over £25 seems to incur an additional Charge once it goes through DHL and some other Carriers,EBay are also at it with their Global Shipping Programe and are fleecing unsuspecting Customers I got charged an additional £28 for an item I bought for £45,Royal Mail have no additional charges as far as I’m aware.

Hi Niall, 

It's Daylight Robbery,  but apparently legal !

I will ask down at the Post Office,  whether Royal Mail is standing true, their counterparts Parcelforce definitely charge the extras.

Top of the Morning to you Mate.

Conrad.