distributor pedestal

Hello All

Informatio needed for my tr6. I have a small hole on the distributor pedestal between the distributor and the injector metering unit. This is allowing an oil mist to follow out of it when the engine is running. So my questions are 1/ is there ment to be a 1/8" hole in the casting. 2/ If it is ment to be there what stops the oil mist for excaping.  3/ What is the likely reaction if I block it up,,, my guess is the distrubitor will have a new lubication system :(

Thanks, mike797

32 minutes ago, mike797 said:

Hello All

Informatio needed for my tr6. I have a small hole on the distributor pedestal between the distributor and the injector metering unit. This is allowing an oil mist to follow out of it when the engine is running. So my questions are 1/ is there ment to be a 1/8" hole in the casting. 2/ If it is ment to be there what stops the oil mist for excaping.  3/ What is the likely reaction if I block it up,,, my guess is the distrubitor will have a new lubication system :(

Thanks, mike797

Dont block the hole, its a tell tale and should be there as a warning of oil or fuel leak. You have an oil seal gone on the distributor to metering unit drive, No104 here https://www.moss-europe.co.uk/shop-by-model/triumph/tr5-6/engine/engines-components/internal-engine-tr5-6-1967-76.html

Stuart.

Edited by stuart

Yes I had fuel out of mine new petrol seal needed.