4 minutes ago, rcreweread said:

R

OD on 3rd and 4th only

cheers Rich

Or very early TR2 where it was overdrive 4th only.

Stuart.

Stuart, in your picture the exhaust going through the X member. Did you do anything to keep it from rattling? I’ve got the big bore stainless on my 3A and I don’t think I’ve cured the rattle yet. I’m working on the TR3 now with same exhaust. It’ll have the A overdrive, looks like a very tight fit too.

14 hours ago, T Rusty said:

Stuart, in your picture the exhaust going through the X member. Did you do anything to keep it from rattling? I’ve got the big bore stainless on my 3A and I don’t think I’ve cured the rattle yet. I’m working on the TR3 now with same exhaust. It’ll have the A overdrive, looks like a very tight fit too.

Thats a standard bore but it needed a cut and re-bend to align and Im not sure Im happy with it yet, If you have a big bore then they either need a bit of squashing in or as Racetorations do they open up the holes at each end of the centre "X"

Stuart.

Thanks Stuart, At least this time I’m working from above on the chassis without body rather than on my back trying to correct things from underneath. In spite of buying all the recommended bits and clamps I wound up making one. It’s not pretty but works better than what I bought. Opening the ends of the x would mean heating with a torch and hammering? Paul

37 minutes ago, T Rusty said:

Opening the ends of the x would mean heating with a torch and hammering? Paul

No they actually cut the hole out and make a new larger one.

Stuart.