So I call this cream tea a .......

Cheshire Cream Tea

the recipe is quite technical:-

home made scone

butter

clotted cream

Nutella

after discussions on other threads about Cornish and Devon cream teas i see there is a passion and many opinions on the subject and I did suggest this concoction and have now named it.  

no don’t thank me you are all more than welcome. 
:D

A0725B05-314C-4423-B7F2-E207AB2C9749.jpeg

Looks better than it sounds but I think you need more clotted cream on top of the Nutella as well as underneath it.

My favourite way of eating Nutella is straight of the spoon, actually clotted cream is good that way too.

Shhhh! Roger won’t post here but he has just said” I think we will have to try this” :ph34r:

Glaswegians would deep-fry it.  Might even be an improvement. 

Here is a different Cream T 

Untitled.jpg.1520b46330321485f47c049803b92d44.jpg

Edited by RobH
34 minutes ago, Peter Cobbold said:

Hazelnuts.................aflatoxin...................highly potent carcinogen  https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Aflatoxin

Enjoy !

As an EHO I dld thanks Peter :D

I’m sorry Hamish that’s just WRONG! It reminds me of Krispy Kreme doughnuts which are equally wrong. The fundamental flaw in your invention is the lack of contrasting textures.;)

16 hours ago, Hamish said:

As an EHO I dld thanks Peter :D

I recall aflatoxin-contaminated hazelnut yoghurt slipping past UK controls. Must have been a "monday morning" test !

Peter

20 hours ago, Hamish said:

Cheshire Cream Tea

the recipe is quite technical:-

home made scone

butter

clotted cream

Nutella

after discussions on other threads about Cornish and Devon cream teas i see there is a passion and many opinions on the subject and I did suggest this concoction and have now named it.  

no don’t thank me you are all more than welcome. 
:D

A0725B05-314C-4423-B7F2-E207AB2C9749.jpeg

Had some clotted cream Nutella and scones so tried the Cheshire cream tea for my 11’ses, it gets a thumbs up from me as an occasional alternative.  Not sure it will go global as the Devon cream tea has,  but very nice.  

Edited by Misfit
38 minutes ago, Peter Cobbold said:

I recall aflatoxin-contaminated hazelnut yoghurt slipping past UK controls. Must have been a "monday morning" test !

Peter

quite correct Peter one of those occurrences that is in all EHO training.

22 minutes ago, Misfit said:

Had some clotted cream Nutella and scones so tried the Cheshire cream tea for my 11’ses, it gets a thumbs up from me as an occasional alternative.  Not sure it will go global as the Devon cream tea has,  but very nice.  

good man - I'm not planning on taking over the world with this, so an occasion alt is a good thing. But in presentation terms i think it still needs a tweak - may be lightly garnished with .......................a raspberry or similar

Edited by Hamish
3 hours ago, iain said:

Steady on H you'll be on "master chuff" before you know it!

Iain

Just don’t tell my wife. She doesn’t know I “invented” the Cheshire cream tea. 

My employers used to provide hot cross buns and cream eggs at Easter.  It wasn’t long before one lad invented the”Easter Egg Sandwich”. 
He put a cream egg in hot cross bun and popped it in the microwave for a little too long. The “cream” ended up only slightly cooler than the surface of the sun and took all the skin off the roof of his mouth. 
Cooler versions proved to be quite nice. :-)

1 hour ago, Hamish said:

Just don’t tell my wife. She doesn’t know I “invented” the Cheshire cream tea. 

H............she already knows:-)

Iain