When fitting the 3 "Cups on each door (for tonneau fitting) my rivet gun sits on the top of the cup rather than the Rivet.

This means that when you have "done" the job the rivet is nice and tight but the cup is loose.

I need a gun with a tapered edge to fit directly on the rivet, I can use a spacer but thats not the answer.

A new one arrived this morning from Amazon, that looked like it would do the job but its chocolate fireguard stuff.

Can anyone recommend one that will do the Job please.

Pete, you know the die that screws into the gun (comes in different sizes for different pop rivets), take it out and turn the end down so that it fits into the rivet then away you go. I recently got one of the guns that you fit to an electric drill off Ebay, cheap and I was expecting it to be a bit Micky Mouse, but it has been absolutely brilliant (had to turn down the required die, but you get non of the kick back you get from a conventional gun).
Cheers Rob  

A much simpler solution, which I often use, is simply to place a small nut (6BA for instance) over the pop rivet stalk before putting it in the gun. The nut acts as a spacer which fits inside the cups

Bob

1 hour ago, Lebro said:

A much simpler solution, which I often use, is simply to place a small nut (6BA for instance) over the pop rivet stalk before putting it in the gun. The nut acts as a spacer which fits inside the cups

Bob

Been there tried that got fed up with nuts flying round the garage!!, ... no my method really works, ....should have said turn the die down so that it fits into the cup and on top of the rivet.

5 minutes ago, Rob Salisbury said:

Been there tried that got fed up with nuts flying round the garage!!, ... no my method really works, ....should have said turn the die down so that it fits into the cup and on top of the rivet.

This is the ideal way to go. 

Roger

4 hours ago, pfenlon said:

Thank you gents, looks like nobody makes a correct gun then.

Will get the file out.

If you've got a lathe then it's a simple job to turn the die down to size, I haven't, so I put the die in hand drill and used a sharp file , took about 3 minutes, simple job even this way.

Do have a look at the drill attached pop rivet guns on Ebay, you wont be disappointed.