Small hobby drill - Dremmel !!!

13 minutes ago, RogerH said:

Hi Tony,

I still have my hand drill from my apprentice days and it works well when needed.

Too many holes to drill and you need three hands so a simple batteyr powered drill should be ideal. Sadly the Ebay cheapo that I bought ast year doesn't have the power to drill a 1mm hole in PCB firbreglass

Roger

I see your problem. I also have a mains powered dremell that I use when necessary, Otherwise I use a battery powered drill from Aldi. (£39.99, or thereabouts). It has been an excellent purchase and I have used it with 1.5mm bits, and I am fairly certain it would get down to 0.5mm.

I can check that if you would like!

TT

Edited by tthomson
2 minutes ago, RogerH said:

One of the tedious jobs when working on the aircraft was refitting cabin windows. Lots of windows held in with lots of screws.

The standard screw driver was seriously slow and tiring. Along came the 'pump' screwdriver Just like the Archimedian you pushed the end and it would spin very nicely.   UNTIL !!!! it jumped off the screwhead and gouged a wiggley line across the perspex window. They were soon banned anywhere near a window.

I have a lovely Bosch screwdriver (very small) but it will not take a small drill

Roger

Yes, I could never get along with those pump screwdrivers, especially with straight-slotted screws. A carpenters' brace with a screwdriver bit is much more controllable and has greater torque.

Pete

Barry Bucknell was the guy that popularised the Yankee screwdrivers, he used to live near me. I could never get on with them on slotted screws either...........................Skate! Ooops!

Stuart.

14 minutes ago, stillp said:

I used to love the way Barry Bucknell had all the nails pre-started when he was nailing stuff together.

Pete

True, but to be fair in his day, it was live TV.

I remember him once concreting a driveway,  - live.

John.

49 minutes ago, Steves_TR6 said:

Thanks Steve,

that may be the perfect answer.  What will they dream of next.

Roger

I purchased a Workzone mains hobby drill from Lidl it came with 2 collets which limits limits the size of drills and accessories I can use, does anyone know of a supplier of small or miniature chucks.

Cheers chris

17 minutes ago, Chris Hubball said:

I purchased a Workzone mains hobby drill from Lidl it came with 2 collets which limits limits the size of drills and accessories I can use, does anyone know of a supplier of small or miniature chucks.

Cheers chris

Dremmel ? I ordered a M7780 drill Chuck from them for my Dremel cordless mini and it also fits my Banner Tools mains Dremmel look a like tool. You’ll likely find many similarities between these makers.

Mick Richards