Passenger side carpet

Does anyone know whether it is possible to buy a passenger side carpet in black for a TR4?

Either the PO's passenger was a smoker or used an angle grinder but there are small burn holes around the seat runners. I suspect they cut off a bit of steel bar when fitting MX5 seats. It now has TR4A seats and the marks are a bit of an eyesore. Unfortunately I don't know the make of the carpet set to get a perfect match (black).

Anyone interested in a pair of MX5 seats (Charcoal cloth) with detachable headrests?

Andy

IMG_3875.jpg

17 minutes ago, Ocheye said:

Does anyone know whether it is possible to buy a passenger side carpet in black for a TR4?

Either the PO's passenger was a smoker or used an angle grinder but there are small burn holes around the seat runners. I suspect they cut off a bit of steel bar when fitting MX5 seats. It now has TR4A seats and the marks are a bit of an eyesore. Unfortunately I don't know the make of the carpet set to get a perfect match (black).

Anyone interested in a pair of MX5 seats (Charcoal cloth) with detachable headrests?

Andy

IMG_3875.jpg

Occasionally s/hand carpets come up for sale from people restoring cars.

BFG (Pete) those seats would be ideal for you.

Stuart.

25 minutes ago, Ocheye said:

Andy

IMG_3875.jpg

Hi Andy,

I'll be changing the carpets in my 4A  for a change of colour to red at some time, so its black carpets will be going.  I'll have a look to see what condition the passenger side is in and take a photo for you.   As far as I know they were new in 1999 ! but the car was mostly kept in a garage since.

Conversely, as Stuart recommends - it is probably worth my fitting and trying a pair of MX5 seats, to help accommodate my stature in a 4A.  However, the logistics of you being in Carlisle and my being in Suffolk are not ideal.

Seeing yours, I also have seat belt envy ! B)

16 minutes ago, Bfg said:

Hi Andy,

I'll be changing the carpets in my 4A  for a change of colour to red at some time, so its black carpets will be going.  I'll have a look to see what condition the passenger side is in and take a photo for you.   As far as I know they were new in 1999 ! but the car was mostly kept in a garage since.

Conversely, as Stuart recommends - it is probably worth my fitting and trying a pair of MX5 seats, to help accommodate my stature in a 4A.  However, the logistics of you being in Carlisle and my being in Suffolk are not ideal.

Seeing yours, I also have seat belt envy ! B)

Shiply is your best bet for easy shipping https://www.shiply.com/

Stuart.

Moss still offer a pair of black footwell mats from £52.70 the pair.  We used to sell lots of these in my day.  They are the full length footwell mats with sewn on rubber heel mats - same as you get in a full carpet set.

Pt No CSA6441  only in the TR6 catalogue which is why not everyone finds them.  https://www.moss-europe.co.uk/carpet-sets-boot-trim-tr5-6-1967-76.html  It makes their TRIUMPH embroidered 1/2 floor overmats at £120.00 look well overpriced.

NOTE TR4-6 is the same floor shape.

Peter W

image.png.6929be92f49b2c9f14bde771666323db.png

Edited by BlueTR3A-5EKT