A type gearbox overdrive wiring

This evening I wired up the overdrive using new loom and overdrive harness , connected the yellow purple from relay to overdrive solenoid and yellow green to switch  and the black from column switch to gearbox switch . This is were I got confused , on the main loom the spur that comes from the relay splits into two ,yellow purple and a yellow the other yellow green and another yellow . It’s the two yellows that confuses me I have no idea where they connect. With the ignition turned on the solenoid operates  in 2nd 3rd and 4th. Not road tested.DF9ACCD1-6E87-48A1-A940-99A4117E0764.thumb.jpeg.61a22a34fb8642b38307cec15e5bcb31.jpeg

Edited by Mark69

Yellow/purple goes from the relay  to the solenoid, yellow/green from the relay  to the column switch, yellow from the column switch to the gear inhibitor switches and across from one I/S to the other.

Make sure the bullet connectors are tight , loose connectors caused a few intermittent O/D  drop outs on mine until I tracked them down.

Sorry, forgot to mention I have an 'A" type O/D with 2 inhibitor switches.

Are you sure you have the original wiring? I couldn't get the yellow with stripes when I rewired mine and most of the wires are straight yellow- for trouble shooting I just follow the  wires where I can see them and sort any concealed wires out with a multimeter set on ohms.

Edited by Mike C
2 hours ago, Mark69 said:

4D278727-F658-4DEA-8912-49F135592E41.thumb.jpeg.1763c8d503b10ace63e4378410f78044.jpegthis is what I have, if it helps

Hi Mark
I think your B from your column switch should go to the Y?  wire next to your YG and the other Y? Next YP goes to to the Y on the gearbox switches.

Hope this makes sense. I MAY BE WRONG ON THIS!!!

2 hours ago, Mark69 said:

262C452D-54BB-4E4E-9C61-028C45B2B304.thumb.jpeg.ae3d5c99f17291e31c170ed99592cb5c.jpegSpot on Kevo, I also figured out what I had done this afternoon. All sorted cheers all for input.

Mark

Glad you got it all sorted Mark.