time to say goodbye...

or just a bad day?

I am seriously thinking about selling my TR6 PI RHD. Here in Germany RHDs come cheaper than LHDs. I am wondering if it is better to bring the TR home and sell it in the UK? 

Stupid  idea in brexit times?

If you do decide to sell would you consider trying further west? We in Ireland are now having to pay VAT at 23% on anything brought in from the UK, which has in affect restricted the flow of vehicles across the Irish Sea.

I think you will have to pay VAT in the UK if you 'export' the car there to sell it.

A RHD car from the continent would be more attractive to an Irish buyer than a similar one from the UK due to it not being liable to any VAT but only a small vehicle registration tax.

The additional transport costs would be far less than the VAT liability, and only a small bit more than from the UK, although a purchaser may want some assistance with arranging and managing the shipping.

well, that idea popped up, that I drive the car over the channel (and cross the irish sea as well) and spend some days there. And on that way I could arrange some meetings with potentially buyers. The "pre-sales" would have to be done in advance, of course.

As far as  I know is the car a leftover from a member of the "Rheinarmee" (British Army of the Rhine, BAOR) who was stationed in Germany during the 1970s. I guess that it was never ever an officially exported car.