Hello, there appears to be three different types available, all rubber, rubber part metal and original all metal housing, any views on the efficiency of each type?  Rebuild continuing slowly, too busy at work!  As always, thanks for the help, Andrew

Hi Andrew, I used the rubber bodied seal (there is still a steel insert in it for stiffness) as this provides a better seal to the cover. Still used a light smear of hylomar blue though. Seal wanted to jump out after installation, but once the sealant took some set while I secured it with a clamp, it stayed in ok.

Equally important it to use the double lip version, the outer lip will keep out )most of) the dirt which otherwise would wear out the inner lip earlier. Also check the sleeve, if it has a wear groove turn it around or replace it (I replaced it).

Cheers,

Waldi