TR4 Switch plinth, and crash pad fitment

With Plinth and crash pads fitted, there is a gap of around 5mm between the plinth and both crash pads.

I have removed crash pads and the plinth to do other work, but note that when I hold a crash pad towards the front of the plinth, it fits very well.

BUT leaves a fair bit of the plinth stuck out behind the crash pad.

I could try and reduce the plinth by somehow carving around 6mm off the whole rear section of the plinth to get it to fit, but how to cut it accurately???

Can more light be shed on the problem please.

P1080361.jpg

P1080362.jpg

Hi Pete,

are these the original parts - if so did they fit before oyu took them apart.

The grab handle can't be new so have you re-covered it etc etc.

Is the centre console new - if it is then that needs to go back. I bought a Revington one a couple years back for the TR4 and the concabe was a little tight so I could open it out. You have the opposite problem.

Thinking out of the box - the TR6 knee pad (grabless handle) is much fatter and would probably fit you centre section nicely - have the manufacturers got it wrong

Roger

This was a bit of a mixture when I bought it, it has  or had a wooden dash and a 4A "H" frame, it was a dogs brekky.

I made the LH crash pad from 2 separate pieces to make the grab handle style, the RH crash pad is new TR6.

As Van de Merver said,  "I will Mak a plan",  spacers may be the way to go.

seems no one else has had a problem????

Pete - the 4A metal under dash has a different mounting for its switch plinth compared the the TR4 one

one of them is much higher than the other but I can’t remember which way round it is and I’m not at home at moment so can’t check

by the sound of it you may have a 4A under dash which may be the problem

have you tried taking up the gap with a bit of the seal they use between an overrider and the bumper?

Cheers Rich

Home now and been out to the workshop - the tall plinth mounting is for a TR4  and the lower one is 4A - also not the differences in the steering column opening shapes between the two - hopefully you can identify which one you have.

The overrider seal solution may help in either case - I've got this in my own TR4

Cheers Rich

IMG_0120.JPG - Resized.JPG

IMG_0119.JPG - Resized.JPG

IMG_0122.JPG - Resized.JPG

IMG_0121.JPG - Resized.JPG