End to End run October 1973

• BlueTR3A-5EKT changed the title to End to End run October 1973

Enjoyed that write up. 
I was nearly 10 when it took place. 

• 2 weeks later...

Hello All,

Attached is an image of the Clyde Valley Group cars for the rest stop in Glasgow for the 1973 End to End run. The image was taken in the underground car park of the Glasgow showroom of McHarg, Rennie and Lindsay. I remember one entrant of the run thinking it was only a couple of hours from Glasgow to John O'Groats, I think he must have had a long night.

Cars pictured from left to right are, VGA 544, my car from 1974 to 2016, now residing in Aberdeen. SWB 552, Mad Ian's car, written off shortly after the photograph. VHU 81, subsequently owned by Richard Larter, Unidentified, status unknown. 2999F, still owned by myself. 1576 PO, status unknown. PAG 713, written off. HWG 402, status unknown.

How about a re-run in 2023.

Cliff

img199.jpg

Up until 1976 the Club Triumph Round Britain Reliability Run (or Round Britain Tour as it was then known) travelled through the centre of Glasgow. Back then we had Factory support and  used Macharg Rennie & Lindsay as a refreshment halt/control. I remember it from  my first RB in 1974 and thinking how odd it was to refuel in a basement. We used the stop going the other way, from JOG to LE. I no longer have the road book from the 1974 event but am pretty sure that was the year we used another Triumph dealer, Johnstone Stewart in Falkirk as a control on our way north. Several entrants had trouble finding the garage and I believe one crew never found Falkirk! 

Tim

I remember it well. I volunteered to drive up from Hampshire to log all the cars in at JoG. First cars expected between 11.00 & midnight but didn’t arrive until until 3.00ish with the last one as dawn broke. Not much sleep that night but great fellowship. Only problem was I had to drive back home for work the next day!

As the song goes “ Those were the days”

Gordon