12 hours ago, iain said:

Does anyone have any feedback on Blockleys on their TR? They’ve been around for a while now.

Iain

The only one I know with them is Paul Harveys TR4a though I havent heard anything from him for quite a while. I think he was happy with them and he always used to drive his like he stole it!

Stuart.

22 hours ago, iain said:

Does anyone have any feedback on Blockleys on their TR? They’ve been around for a while now.

Iain

I don't personally have any experience of their tyres but have spoken to them at various shows and have been very impressed by their whole set up. The founder and day to day boss is Julian Majzub and if you have seen his amazing driving skills in all sorts of really hairy vintage machinery at places like Goodwood, you would have no hesitation in considering his tyres- he races on his own tyres so that must say something.

They also do top quality inner tubes which many of the top historic race teams use, but they are not allowed to acknowledge this because of their affiliations to other tyre manufacturers.

When I get my current 4A restoration done, I will be looking to use their tyres - and they also seem really good value - I can't wait to try them

Cheers Rich

On 3/10/2021 at 2:05 PM, Motorsport Mickey said:

Mark,

Have I lost the plot ? is the tyre purchase for a Stag or other car with 14" wheels...or just a typo.

Mick Richards

Mick -

Grovelling apologies - it WAS a typo - I meant R15...!

Mark

• 1 year later...

by no means heard approximately the tyres you mention. i use Nankangs. other than the call, they're ok. much less noisy and extra reasonably-priced than the Michelin classics that I had before. performance smart, I cannot compare, as the Michelin’s had been there for too long and they have been very degraded, so those have been a big development, but not positive how the might have accomplished against any other logo of latest tyres. I am going to share this thread https://www.tr-register.co.uk/forums/index.php?/topic/76386-gosloto results-tyres/ to my kith and kin who want to know about that. on the dry they pass nicely, very predictable and reasonably correct grip. I absolutely don’t power a lot on the wet, as weather in Spain is commonly dry and i'm able to therefore select my riding days, however inside the occasional typhoon, they had been adequate... now not that i used to be ripping it in those instances, though...