1 hour ago, Richard71 said:

This is a replacement matching lock set from Moss fitted a few years ago, this particular lock was never working correctly, feels to me like theres too much play in the mechanism and doesn't engage properly.

Richard 

They can be like that also if the panel hole has got worn too, I fit the locating plate kit which stops this, No43 here Door fittings

Stuart.

660053669_TonysTR6549.thumb.jpg.f1f9958c21e96f796edb75d6a83be065.jpg

Thanks Stuart,

I have those locating plates fitted and holding the locks firmly in place. The problem is definately with the lock itself, it needs repairing or replacing.

Richard.

My lock doesn't have the black clip as seen in your photo above, is that an essential component, could this be my problem?

Edited by Richard71
More info
15 hours ago, Richard71 said:

Thanks Stuart,

I have those locating plates fitted and holding the locks firmly in place. The problem is definately with the lock itself, it needs repairing or replacing.

Richard.

My lock doesn't have the black clip as seen in your photo above, is that an essential component, could this be my problem?

I think that missing clip would probably be the problem, I thought I had an old spare lock here but I cant find it now unfortunately.

Stuart.

Looking at a new one I have here, that spring clip just keeps the pin in place that stops the barrel from spinning.

So if the clips is missing and the pin has migrated out I think it would be your problem.

Stuart

When you install those security fittings do you bother to remove the original spring blade retention device?

dave

2 hours ago, DaveN said:

Stuart

When you install those security fittings do you bother to remove the original spring blade retention device?

dave

Yes, they slot into where the original worse than useless sprung holder went.

Stuart.

5 hours ago, DaveN said:

Looking at a new one I have here, that spring clip just keeps the pin in place that stops the barrel from spinning.

So if the clips is missing and the pin has migrated out I think it would be your problem.

I contacted WBH who manufacture the locks and unfortunately they're unable to help with a repair or supply a replacement clip. However I found a locksmith who ma be able to help.

Richard.

18 hours ago, Richard71 said:

I contacted WBH who manufacture the locks and unfortunately they're unable to help with a repair or supply a replacement clip. However I found a locksmith who ma be able to help.

Richard.

P.M me your address and I’ll post you a pin and the clip