Over 56? Book your vaccine

Hi Folks

just been made aware you can book the 2 vaccine doses  if you are over 56. 
I have just done it and have my 2 dates. 

https://www.nhs.uk/conditions/coronavirus-covid-19/coronavirus-vaccination/book-coronavirus-vaccination/

Vaccine supply seems about to suddenly increase!    After receiving only enough for intermittent bi-weekly sessions, and none next week, we will be vacinating seven days a week, 8-6, from the 14th!   The Gov 'done good' for once, in getting the orders in, Industry and Science have done wonders, and most of all the NHS has shown what it can do in a crisis.

Just had my first (AZ) - about an hour ago. Had my usual uncontrollable Vasovagal episode straight after. The nurse was great and brought me a cup of tea and a chocolate and took care until I recovered.

Think I'll drop a box of choccies into the surgery next week.

Have to say I'm already not looking forward to the second.....

Congratulations from overseas. 

I’m 58 and it will be a couple of more months before I will be invited. UK is progressing very wel, compared to EU mainland.

Take care,
Waldi

On 3/6/2021 at 12:14 PM, Rod1883 said:

Just had my first (AZ) - about an hour ago. Had my usual uncontrollable Vasovagal episode straight after. The nurse was great and brought me a cup of tea and a chocolate and took care until I recovered.

Think I'll drop a box of choccies into the surgery next week.

Have to say I'm already not looking forward to the second.....

Well done for warning them, Rod!   Many men would be too proud!    Did you try the relaxation exercises?  No good?

On 3/6/2021 at 12:14 PM, Rod1883 said:

Had my usual uncontrollable Vasovagal episode straight after.

This has happened to me in the past, but I seem to be OK recently.

I used to have to lie down to have a blood test! :o

Glad you've had your first jab - mine is next Saturday, but it's a shame you're already not looking forward to the second.

Rog

Had my first vaccination on 2nd February, second dose booked for April 22nd.  I had a letter direct from the NHS to book an appointment at a local centre, two days later had another letter from my Doctors Surgery, offering a vaccination at their clinic!

Thanks John, Roger

We had prewarned them and they called before we went to check and to ask us in a little earlier than originally planned so all could be set up for me. I went in with Diana as we'd booked together and so she could drive (she is fine and could do her own if necessary). The Nurse was great and I was OK going in, lots of steady breathing thinking of other things etc. The attack kicked in about thirty seconds after the jab. Strangely I had another at home, not long after I'd posted yesterday, can't explain that as it was all done and dusted by then. Suffering a bit today with 'flu like aches and pains, but that is a fairly common side effect I understand.

That’s not fun Rod...

Had my first this week (Oxford) couldn’t imagine anyone saying ‘no’ at the time when asked after doing all the paperwork but, now I get it...

Mine was fine (they warned me about potential side effects including headache which made me smile because it was at Epsom race course at the back of our garden and every previous time, without warning, I’ve left the hospitality suites with the required thick head)..... However, I woke in the night with with aches and shivering like never before..... just mentioned this to son at uni, who said his medical mates, who have had COVID, said that the Oxford jab was worse than the real thing?!..... Must be effective and looking forward to summer now.....

That's interesting Tony - I had a similar experience last night, quite a chill and shivering. I also thought that must mean it is working and creating a pretty good response, hopefully involving a good immunity level to follow.....

I believe Colin that people are having a range of responses to both vaccines, from no side effects through minor to quite significant. Diana is on the minor end - just a slight dizziness at one point this morning.

Edited by Rod1883

Good news. I am 54 so will have to wait, could I ask you over 56 which dates you got? Was hoping to get my two vaccines done by June/July as I need to travel abroad in July and would be great to get the two vaccines done before that!

Magnus

It's certain that those suffering immune response symptoms are feeling their body working on the vaccine, in the right way.

What we can't say is that you need to do so to get a good immune response, so that the sufferers can feel better about it, but that isn't so!  There's no correllation between symptoms and for instance antibody reaction.

Glad to hear your account, Rod - it shows how the NHS, , or rather it's staff, so often portrayed as an unfeeling machine, go out of their way for people who need a different way.     It's as if they had been guided by PR gurus, when in fact they are professional and care so very much about others.  

1 hour ago, TRseks said:

Good news. I am 54 so will have to wait, could I ask you over 56 which dates you got? Was hoping to get my two vaccines done by June/July as I need to travel abroad in July and would be great to get the two vaccines done before that!

Magnus

Mid March and early June.

I have tried to book my vaccination online several times and had problems each time.  The 'select a date' box had no dates listed but if you press back and then go forwards again sometimes they mysteriously appear.  On the last attempt I managed to arrange the dates and times of both doses and got to final confirmation box whereupon it said that one of my bookings was no longer available but it did not tell me which so I could not try to rearrange that one.    Essentially the online system was complete ****.  I phoned up out of frustration and the person I spoke to said it kept crashing for them as indeed it did while I she was trying to book it for me.   She did get through the process once but it then failed again.   I'll have to TRy TRy TRy another day, and hope that their IT system eventually works.    I did cynically ask of the software was designed by the same private sector organisations who managed the track and trace....

Paul 

Just looked at the NHS website and it`s now changed to 55 or over.

Magnus