I think there is alot less chance of scammers that way, but I also realise it's tempting to go out to the whole world as it were.

As long as you can recognise the bad emails , they are usually pretty obvious.

Cheers,  Conrad. 

Who was it that responded to your classified ? I had a slightly strange email (via the TRR) this morning about the Flying Jacket I am selling.

From a french sounding name.

Bob.

Hi Harry, Yep Mine was the same guy, Gourdon Pierre.   Email gourdon.marie.pierre@gmail.com

Kept asking for "final price", where to send the cheque, & all my phone numbers,   despite me telling him it was already sold to someone else.

Bob.

• 3 weeks later...

Hi Harry

You have got me wondering now - just had an enquiry from 'Pierre Dumoulin' in France. After a set of refurbished throttle bodies for his dad and seems in a bit of a hurry - 2 emails and a website enquiry in half an hour.

Martin

Fred Millturn Parts

Answer him Martin,  what's the worse that can happen !!!!

I don't know how they gain from scamming, unless you hand over money , bank details etc 

Have fun , 

Conrad.

33 minutes ago, openroad said:

Answer him Martin,  what's the worse that can happen !!!!

I don't know how they gain from scamming, unless you hand over money , bank details etc 

Have fun , 

Conrad.

Hi Conrad, Would be a weird scam if he's paying me money. I shall proceed with caution!

The Classic is, "Whoops!  Paid you too much!  [by a factor of ten or more!] Please return the excess?  Thnak you kindly!"

And the big cheque from him bounces, you're down by the "excess".

I have got a TR2/3 Lockheed master cylinder for sale on classifieds and got this reply quickly

Name
charlotte.rawson.nash@gmail.com

Email Address

Telephone Number

SEND ME THE PICTURE AND THE LAST PRICE - The price and photographs are on the ad, so I didn't bother replying, I reported it to Wayne, but I guess its impossible to keep ahead of the scammers, and apologies if you are a real person charlotte.rawson.nash...........send me a pm.
Ian

Edited by cvtrian
1 hour ago, cvtrian said:

I have got a TR2/3 Lockheed master cylinder for sale on classifieds and got this reply quickly

Name

Email Address

Telephone Number

SEND ME THE PICTURE AND THE LAST PRICE - The price and photographs are on the ad, so I didn't bother replying, I reported it to Wayne, but I guess its impossible to keep ahead of the scammers, and apologies if you are a real person charlotte.rawson.nash...........send me a pm.
Ian

Interestingly a Google search on that name turns this up https://find-and-update.company-information.service.gov.uk/officers/0M9RIuojyVpK6fWopw0kdUWp8gI/appointments

Stuart.

5 hours ago, john.r.davies said:

The Classic is, "Whoops!  Paid you too much!  [by a factor of ten or more!] Please return the excess?  Thnak you kindly!"

And the big cheque from him bounces, you're down by the "excess".

Hi John - should be OK with that as I only do BACS. You would be lucky now to be able to get in a bank to pay a cheque in!

4 hours ago, cvtrian said:

Name

Email Address

Telephone Number

Ian

"Send me the last price" is exacly to reply I got when selling a flying jacket on the TRR site recently.   I walked away from the enquiry.

Bob.

My experience of ‘Send me the last price’ is a typically Middle Eastern / North African phrase and signifies the beginning of a haggle which in the mind of the ‘buyer’ ends up with the seller giving the item away and also paying for delivery!

james

7 hours ago, cvtrian said:

Name

Email Address

Telephone Number

Ian

Charlotte was also interested in the model TR7 that I had on the classifieds recently, which is why I will only ever advertise in future as members only.