What’s in your garden.

Nice Bird...that's the male, keep an eye out for the female carrying lot's more brown and about 20% bigger and meaner.

Mick Richards 

Have seen it quite a few times around the garden and on the garage roof, I suppose we might have seen the female at some time will pay more attention next time. we did see one eating a pigeon outside on the road a short time ago not a pretty site didn't take a photo that time..

Phil..

Edited by lynchpin
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 6 months later...

In my garden, there is the rear half of a TR3 body shell, and a Land Rover Serie 3 roof, does it count ? :P

15 hours ago, Chris59 said:

In my garden, there is the rear half of a TR3 body shell, and a Land Rover Serie 3 roof, does it count ? :P

Not really. We are really looking for the “unusual” not the typical. :lol:

• 1 year later...

We have one too, comes to feed off a table along with tits, chaffinches, blackbirds. They get through 1.5 litres of peanuts and poultry mix daily, so filling mesh feeders became too much effort. And the resident rat cant reach the table !

• 1 month later...

We have a pigeon who seems to want to peck our Blink camera that looks at the back our house. Did it 3 mornings at sunrise last week :wub:

FWIW it soon may be the ex-pigeon if it keeps it up as we get an audible motion alarm. 

• 2 weeks later...

For something completely different:

A Jelly Ear Fungus, on an Elder tree.  In reality it's more purple than  brown!

jelly ear fungus on elder.jpg

Edited by john.r.davies
  • 1 month later...

Not so nice yesterday.

They are both fearless and curious.    I often find them poking around in the garage if I leave the door open.  But yesterday, I left the kitchen door open, and came in from the garage to find them at the far end.  They panicked, she flew into the window, he flew upstairs!   Duck **** everywhere!  No, no photos!

John

Commiserations. A heron emptied my pond of fish this spring too. 

The other day I was sitting on the patio and a dog Fox climbed over the fence not 20 feet away,  looked at me,  stopped to pee on a bush and sauntered nonchalantly down the side path to the gate.  Cheeky bugger.

On 5/18/2023 at 4:46 PM, john.r.davies said:

Not so nice yesterday.

They are both fearless and curious.    I often find them poking around in the garage if I leave the door open.  But yesterday, I left the kitchen door open, and came in from the garage to find them at the far end.  They panicked, she flew into the window, he flew upstairs!   Duck **** everywhere!  No, no photos!

John

Naughty ducks!

We think the family of Blue Tits fledged from our nest box last night or early this morning.