Front footwell bulkheads

I am in the process of renewing the plates and rubbers that attach to the front bulkheads to stop rainwater and mud getting to the inside of the front wings and the side bulkhead adjacent to the foot wells. 
The inner right bulkhead has a large circular hole (which I understand was for a fitted radio speaker). This is excellent for spraying waxing into the void onto the inner wings etc. 
The left hand bulkhead does not have a matching hole and I propose to cut two 50mm holes adjacent to each other and in effect join them together to form an oval 50mm wide and 110mm long. This will help in spraying waxoyl into the left wing void. 
The question I ask is this a cunning plan or gross stupidity as it may well weaken the structure of the left hand bulkhead. 
The reason for this is to be able to top up waxoyl spraying over the coming years without taking the front bulkhead plates and rubbers off each time. 
Your sage advice would be welcomed

Cheers

Gordon

18 hours ago, iain said:

Why don’t you waxoil before bolting the plates and rubbers in? 
Iain

My sentiments exactly, Dont forget you need to provide an adequate drain for the rain channel then you can seal the splash panels in properly and forget.

Stuart.