Pistons, liners and rods

If anyone is interested, I can put you in touch with the current owner of a set of perfect condition but used 92mm pistons, liners and standard length h beam con rods. The rods have big end size for a steel crank. I think that this is likely to be Ford cosworth dimensions.

I have yet to establish a price for these from the owner, but I suspect it’s all going to be a bit of a bargain if it’s your bag.

These have been removed from an engine that needs to go to 87mm due to regulations.

David

They'll be short liners I should think Bob with the liner spigots which stick into the block removed. The block may require boring to fresh liner shoulders into the block for them to fit and then maybe glued into position. That's how I know one of the methods to fit them, it's what you do if racing but needs commitment if you fancy running them on a road engine.

Mick Richards

9 hours ago, Motorsport Mickey said:

They'll be short liners I should think Bob with the liner spigots which stick into the block removed. The block may require boring to fresh liner shoulders into the block for them to fit and then maybe glued into position. That's how I know one of the methods to fit them, it's what you do if racing but needs commitment if you fancy running them on a road engine.

Mick Richards

Just out of interest and not being good at maths what cc does that amount to?

Stuart.

2446cc according to me !

stroke = 9.2cm

area =  (9.2 /2)squared * pi    = 66.476cm squared

66.476 * 9.2 = 611.6cc per pot  * 4 = 2446cc

Bob.

While we are at it   87mm pistons gives  2187cc   and 89mm pistons gives 2289cc

Edited by Lebro
8 minutes ago, james christie said:

Small wonder that Triumph added 2 pistons to get up to these swept volumes.

4 cylinders and nearly 2,5 litres is getting a bit .......Agricultural in design

james

But gives HP advantages that DOUBLE the HP of the standard engine sizes coupled with large torque increases and used on a track it makes the cars stunningly quick, there's not many classics of natural aspiration that can offer 100% increases against standard power. Hence my comments about commitment, to run these large sizes on the roads makes it not such a nice drive.

Mick Richards