Attempted to charge the brake system with fluid (Eezibleed kit) but got no air at bleed valves at initial test.

Restrictor valve (attached picture) not passing.

Opened it up and examined, it is a peculiar arrangement using two opposing and differing spring pressures and pressure surfaces. I guess its purpose is to trap the fluid in the circuit with the heavier sprung NR valve whilst allowing "make-up" fluid under pressure with the lighter sprung orifice.

It looks a bit dangerous to me! I looked in all the books I have but cannot find any reference to it. Looking at a TR4 brake system diagram it names it and then says "sometimes not fitted" so I wonder if there are known issues with it and perhaps someone here has experience.

Just worries me a bit having something like that in the primary delivery line.

John

Brake Restrictor Valve.jpg

Delete completely or if you already have pipes made to length then delete the internals. They were problematic when new

Stuart.