HI, I'm assuming you mean the  rear brakes are locked on?

You could  try blocking  the front wheels so it does not roll over you. 

Then release the handbrake and gently but firmly tap/bang on the drums with a hammer, could be lead or soft hammer, just be carful to not to crack drums if you use a lump hammer.

Should only be a light rust holding it on which will clean off after a few mins of running on the road.

Might need to remove wheel if really stuck.

For the future, I block the wheel and leave hand brake off.

Why not simply chock both front wheels so as to prevent movement fore & aft, then lift both rear wheels off the deck, wind back the adjuster (anticlockwise) on the backplate of each rear brake.  If you release each adjuster by 4 or 6 quarter turns, then the engine should be able to overcome stiction - you might need to try both first and reverse gear.

Best never to park the car with handbrake engaged - use first or reverse gear &/or chocks.

Ian Cornish

The TR drum brake has the same self servo effect driving forward and reverse.

Each drum has one self servo and one not self servo brake shoe.

This changes driving reverse, the not self servo shoe will than be the self servo shoe.

I hope that helps reducing rumors

Edited by Z320
1 hour ago, Z320 said:

The TR drum brake has the same self servo effect driving forward and reverse.

Each drum has one self servo and one not self servo brake shoe.

This changes driving reverse, the not self servo shoe will than be the self servo shoe.

I hope that helps reducing rumors

Yes, but only TR2 & very early 3's  later TR's only have drums on the rear, & are single leading shoe.

Bob.

Yes, my TR4A ( and all TR250-5-6) has in each brake drum

- one leading brake shoe (to the front)

- and one not leading brake shoe (to the rear)

Driving backwards the spin of the wheels change and so the leading shoe and not leading shoe also change.

So braking backwards is about as good as forwards.

This may be slightly different when this @€€(!!?@ fantasy sliding mechanism on the backplate not works properly.

Edited by Z320

Marco is right of course.
For the single-leading-shoe arrangement in the rear drum there is a weak servo effect in both directions because there is always one shoe leading and one trailing. 

Twin-leading-shoe in the front drum of the early cars gives stronger servo effect going forwards but none in reverse as both shoes are then trailing.