Joint Event with MG

Wow - hadn't expected this!

A good idea as the number of weekends now available in the season has been halved by Covid, and this will help to ensure that the Weekend is a success from the financial standpoint, as well as adding variety to the mix.

I'm glad that I have accommodation booked - I booked in December and shifted the date to August a long time ago.

Ian Cornish

11 minutes ago, John Morrison said:

Excellent, make the event even better.

John.

8 minutes ago, ianc said:

Wow - hadn't expected this!

A good idea as the number of weekends now available in the season has been halved by Covid, and this will help to ensure that the Weekend is a success from the financial standpoint, as well as adding variety to the mix.

I'm glad that I have accommodation booked - I booked in December and shifted the date to August a long time ago.

Ian Cornish

I agree, well done team. 

Gosh!    Good news!  Extremely good news for MG  as "MG Live!" the MG International at Silverstone has been cancelled for 2021.     It didn't fit into the 'road-map' for lockdown exit (Lexit?) whereas the Malvern event did.    MG Live! normally attracts 4000 MGs, augmented by the presence of many pre-WW2 examples and MGs produced up to the present day.    In a show that has only the TR series of Triumphs, they will be lost at sea, so will pre-war and small chassis Triumphs be invited and the event promoted to them?

John

Edited by john.r.davies

On the principle that tickets might sell out rather quickly, I went looking for them on the website but the various links don't appear to be up and running yet.

Rgds Ian

PS Have since tried other links that did work, even though it is not 1st March yet

Edited by Ian Vincent

John, the event is a joint venture between TR Register, TSSC and MGCC. However, all Standard and Triumph clubs have been invited. We will also invite other classic car club members to attend. The more the merrier. There is a already working team set up with Lesley Swain, Cat Tunnadine and Jo representing the TR Register. 

This sort of thing is the future of the classic car movement. Tickets go on sale on 1st March.

Mick

Excellent news 

23 minutes ago, RogerH said:

IN Wayne's News Flash he compared the TRiumph/MG event to City V United

I prefer Preston V Coventry    (Lauri Bond (minicar) v all the rest)

Roger

Or Rovers vs City (Bristol for those who don't know their two team cities).

I've probably confused the system by booking our weekend tickets as a TRR member, but putting down the MG Midget as the car we will be bringing as it is a 1961 example and so is an anniversary car.

P1010746a.jpg

Haha. We need some fun ideas for some inter-club competitions: tug a TR vs tug an MG? The auto-solo is going to be a bit more competitive this year! Lesley and Cat need your ideas and enthusiasm.

Mick

Congratulations to all involved in the collaboration to make this happen - as mentioned earlier this kind of event will undoubtedly become more and more commonplace in the years ahead but the virus has certainly acted as a catalyst.

....... Andy 

"but the virus has certainly acted as a catalyst."

Is that another mutation ? can we get an injection that will allow life to carry on. ?

Mick Richards

3 minutes ago, Motorsport Mickey said:

"but the virus has certainly acted as a catalyst."

Is that another mutation ? can we get an injection that will allow life to carry on. ?

Mick Richards

yes Mick - it's called Vit D3  go for it.

Roger

7 hours ago, Graham said:

Excellent news 

Oh wow !. Three big clubs, with big memberships, and big personalities running them, all getting together to be involved in one mega-event. Soon someone will have to be appointed as the Top Man to knock all the heads together, and to produce a seamless weekend. So who should that be ?

And no, I'm not looking for a prestige job ....

Hon. Pres.