Door Hinges - whats fits what ?

I'm considering re-pinning the original brass door hinges on the TR2 and a friend two counties away has offered to send me a brand new OS top hinge he had left overfrom a TR3A (post TS60000) rebuild.

Slightly different shape and pivot arrangement but the hole patterns seems very close to the earlier cars.

Can anyone advise if it would be usable ?

Thanks

Bob

TS60000 Hinge shape.docx

Yes, when I came to restore the hinges on my TR3 last year I found that I had hinges of each type. The TR3A style on the nearside door and brass hinges on the OS door. They both seem to work fine in my TR3.

JEFFR

My 3A is a 613** and initially had the steel hinges and all steel doors. When I rebuilt the car (some 42 years ago!) I had an opportunity to buy a pair of doors -with the beech wood insets - from an earlier car to replace my rotted out ones. Memory fades with time but I replaced the steel hinges with brass ones, I am nearly certain because I had to, so I don’t think brass and steel ones are interchangeable but I stand to be corrected.

james

Edited by james christie

Not sure what this adds to the conclusions, but I am just fitting up the doors o my car at the moment.

It has is a pre- 60,000 shell but has clearly picked up a whole host of mongrel bits over the years - including the later all-steel doors.  These are hung on brass hinges that would be correct for the body and work OK with the later doors.   

Dave

49 minutes ago, OldBob said:

Stuart, I'm just asking if the steel hinge fits the early door?

Thanks

Bob

TBH I think they do as the re-engineering wasn’t that in depth 

Stuart