today's trivia

Or perhaps the separatist graffiti scrawled on the bridge as one crossed the border reading "Free Wales" to which some wag had added 'with every three gallons' .......

Or written on a Ladies toilet door( the outside to a concourse) at one of the concert venues

“My mother made me a lesbian !”

and then in different writing and ink... “if I got her the wool could she make me one ?”

Mick Richards

56 minutes ago, RobH said:

"Free Wales" to which some wag had added 'with every three gallons' .......

I remember seeing the same written about “Astrid Proll”, a 1970’s terrorist who got arrested.
“Free Astrid Proll” graffiti ended up with  “With every three gallons” added to it.

(What ever happened to free gifts with every 3 gallons of petrol?)

I once had a spate of being stopped by the police in the 1970’s. (3 times in one week in Leamington Spa.) I remember asking a policewoman why she had stopped me.

“Because I think that your car looks unroadworthy” she replied.
So I said “Well, I might think that you look like Astrid Proll, but that doesn’t mean you are a German terrorist.”

I thought it might make her smile. Instead she then proceeded to inspect every aspect of my car looking for something to do me for.

Charlie.

Remember also around the 70’s posters up warning folk to be alert (to the terrorist threat)...... someone added "because Britain needs more lerts!"

Think my all time favourite was back In Liverpool in the 60’s.... A very imposing church had stuck up a huge poster "What will we do when the Lord comes"?.....

..... some scally had written underneath "move St John to inside left!"......... (Ian St John was centre forward for Liverpool FC at the time)

There was one on one of the bridges over the North Circular road back in the 1970`s, it read "M Khan is bent" Whoever had sprayed it had to have climbed down over the side of the bridge above two lanes of very fast moving traffic

Stuart.

21 minutes ago, stuart said:

There was one on one of the bridges over the North Circular road back in the 1970`s, it read "M Khan is bent"

Ha, I'd forgotten about that Stuart.

It gained significant notoriety over the years. I first heard about it as a teenager in the '90s, on the comedy show "The Mary Whitehouse Experience".

(See 4:22 below)

Deggers

On a church notice board in Eastbourne a talk was advertised entitled « There’s a Good Time coming » to which a wag had added « but it will be a good time coming»

or in the USA

« Henry Kissinger should be bloody well hung » to which someone had added «He already is », signed « his wife »

james

33 minutes ago, RobH said:

............"but Moses invests" was the other riposte to that one.   

or.... "but Ronaldo scores on the rebound"

Tuim

51 minutes ago, RobH said:

This one over the M25 was quite famous at one time

peas.jpg.2c8f26e2ea9f36e37fc16a2c15c1ae17.jpg

It now says Thank you N H S, I would take a pic but ........................