Rear light reflector

Quite possibly Mark but I'm not back at my workshop till the weekend. If no one else has one sooner, please update and I'll have a look. 

Regards

Bill 

I've gone through the spare rear light assemblies I've got stashed away Mark and not one has this "reflector". I might be wrong but it may be that the original reflector with the pop-riveted "steel" lamp holder ring had decayed and someone has fitted what looks like an assembly from another car to obtain a holder for the lamp unit.

I'm hesitant as if I'm correct, just puzzled why no one else has commented.

Regards

Bill

I took a look at my restoration photos and my rear lights had a reflector for the brake lights but not for the indicators :

4BDEAD50-4A6B-41A2-AD17-E94AD698DC38.jpeg

Thank you Steve, a picture explains my ramblings a lot better!

Regards

Bill 

Thanks for looking Bill, I have one light assembly with both and one without the large reflector. I find it strange that the smaller ones are made from plastic ,both of these show evidence of overheating . You would think for tail stop lamp these would be aluminium also.

Thanks all Mark.

So, was there more than one variant of these light assembly.

Would appear so Ed!

I wonder if Derek has any info on this? Could it be that the UK market was different to export, CP or CR etc? I can see that yours has the red side marker instead of the orange one I have.

No problems Mark. I have a pair whose "chrome" is pitted that you could have robbed parts off.

Regards

Bill 

• 1 year later...

Hi i am also missing a pair of reflectors. I have several of the rear light fixtures I picked up over the years, but now it comes to refurbishing a pair for my rebuild I find only one has the internal reflectors (image attached). Does anyone have any for sale please, or know if they are even obtainable ? 

TR6 REAR LIGHT UNIT.JPG