Fitted a Bosch fuel pump along with upgraded wiring and fusing but cannot get satisfactory  running . At best engine hunting up and down without touching throttle and fuel pressure fluctuating , I have permanent pressure gauge at metering unit so I can monitor pressure at all times.

Reading various discussions on forum majority of opinion is that newer Bosch pumps need an improved PRV to replace original can anyone advise make and supplier? 

RevingtonTR sell a diaphragm PRV that works fine, my pump came from TRGB and Gary Bates told me to run it at 95psi, it worked fine at that.

Yes, bit more info please.

The standard PRV could work ok, I still have that fitted. If fuel pressure is not constant I suspect either an inlet restriction or a part-sticking PRV.

Waldi

The original PRV works fine. The issue with it and the Bosch pumps is resonating. Affected by the type and length of the flexible high pressure fuel lines. This can produce an almighty racket and can usually be dialled out by bending the flexi pipe or replacing it. Harmless but can sound like a low flying jet in the boot.  Seems less of an issue with the diaphragm PRV. 

9 hours ago, bobmac said:

Fitted a Bosch fuel pump along with upgraded wiring and fusing but cannot get satisfactory  running . At best engine hunting up and down without touching throttle and fuel pressure fluctuating , I have permanent pressure gauge at metering unit so I can monitor pressure at all times.

Reading various discussions on forum majority of opinion is that newer Bosch pumps need an improved PRV to replace original can anyone advise make and supplier? 

This is the PRV Carl supplies, fits

ACA73B95-0969-47C0-BFE9-7C2B4454191E.thumb.jpeg.3895c4f7e0753522813e3ffa51709dbb.jpeg