Intermittent wipers, with wash wipe too !

4 hours ago, stuart said:

The wiring is different between models Steve, TR4 only had single speed, TR4a has 2 speed and different wiring. TR5 has 2 speed with wiring similar to a 4a. TR6 has 2 speed and different wiring again.

Stuart.

Haha , that had to be the case didnt it!

On 7/31/2021 at 4:44 PM, Steves_TR6 said:

i’ll try to get to this in the next week....

Don't burst a blood vessel over it! We're in lockdown here and I can't see anything changing for a couple of months...

• 2 weeks later...

Life keeps getting in the way of this project.... but today i have ordered the relays ready for a very limited production run next week !

The supplier only had Four left in stock..... so please only buy to use and not for future projects, i’ll make more if there is demand.

i’m envisaging a cost of parts and postage of about £20,

so £25 posted to the UK will likely be the asking price unless something changes on the parts front.

i think i’ll supply them with a mini loom attached and bare wire ends so they can be integrated to a variety of cars

i’ll also include a printed set of instructions, which will be based on the CR TR6 but should translate readily to older cars.

please confirm your orders for this desireable, limited edition! , item :-)

Steve

43 minutes ago, John Morrison said:

I've got a TR4 single speed.

If it works on mine, count me in.

John

It will work on a single speed John, but you will need to add a switch to turn on the intermittent wipe function OR it will replace the single speed which wouldnt be ideal.

steve 

3 hours ago, Steves_TR6 said:

Steve

PLease count me in - TR6 version
Thanks
Ian

So the first batch is sold out ..... :-)

Chris, John and Ian ordered today, and Harry has been patiently waiting for ages!

relays are on order and once they come in i’ll have a session in the workshop, and write some instructions.

these should work for any TR as long as it’s wipers require a positive feed to start the wipe, with the self park completing the process. 

watch out for updates !

Steve

9 minutes ago, Richard Pope said:

I'm in no rush but is this still possible, Steve?

Absolutely.

once i have reminded myself how it works .... i’ll document that in the ‘installation instructions’ ..... and youare welcome to a copy Richard 

steve

@Steves_TR6 I'd really appreciate the wiring diagram/ parts list if you're willing to share. I promise not to set up in competition :D

On 8/12/2021 at 8:17 AM, Steves_TR6 said:

Life keeps getting in the way of this project.... but today i have ordered the relays ready for a very limited production run next week !

The supplier only had Four left in stock..... so please only buy to use and not for future projects, i’ll make more if there is demand.

i’m envisaging a cost of parts and postage of about £20,

so £25 posted to the UK will likely be the asking price unless something changes on the parts front.

i think i’ll supply them with a mini loom attached and bare wire ends so they can be integrated to a variety of cars

i’ll also include a printed set of instructions, which will be based on the CR TR6 but should translate readily to older cars.

Steve

Hi Steve, I'll have one if you make any more.

Cheers Darren

Hello Steve, another for parts list and wiring diagram, it is for a 4A with single speed motor, am I correct in thinking I could replace my pull switch with an off/on/mom toggle switch?, cheers, Andrew

Package arrived today, but i’m away on Sapphire, i think its the relays so i’m thinking i might make the units on Friday.

they’ll all need testing but might benready next week for the lucky few :-)

steve

Realys are in!

some minor components still to arrive, eg loom tape, but i might get basic assembly done tomorrow

i’ll have to take the unit out of my car to remind myself of the final configuration :-)

steve

D331E7D2-B055-49AA-ABF1-39AE4967937C.jpeg

Made a start this morning by extracting the prototype from the ‘test’ vehicle and reaquainted myself with the circuit.

components gathered ready for assembly !

i’m still thinking of the neatest way to do this, and awaiting the Tesa loom tape which should be here today

Aiming to have these sought after ‘First Edition’ units out in the post next week :-)

steve

PS, relay units are back in stock too so i can make more if this production run goes well.

539AC380-1DD7-42FB-BD67-14D64A2BF0E1.jpeg

E8B19846-34C9-4CB4-AF7A-B2E59685EEED.jpeg

Edited by Steves_TR6