engine bay refurb parts

Hi Troops - saw my car at the weekend as had to deliver my battery bracket (thank you JM) and refurbed master cylinders, really thrilled with the work on the bulkhead,  since taking over the care of this car over 10 years ago now I was always concerned that the battery would fall through 'the floor' as it were, very much relieved to discover that 'the floor' was sound. He used aluminium oxide sandblasting to do this part of the work.

I've now been given a bit of a shopping list to research:-

815836 right and left foot panels, they have corroded along the bottom edge only so talking about welding in just the bottom half of these,

811944 right and left front inner wings,  I see these are also available in pressed steel?

GTK160 wheel arch protectors - do these fit well without too much fettling?

Could I trouble you for any input/advice.   I did read that Stuart recommends TR Shop so I have emailed them for prices.

Many Thanks as always, Christine

a1cded8d-280c-416b-bcaa-61f7dda8da34.JPG

IMG_5785.JPG

I would repair the inner wings unless they are really bad and from what I can see yours dont look too bad. Same with the toe boards as its only the last couple of inches and the return to the floor panel that usually needs replacing.

The best wheel arch protectors are the Revington ones.

Stuart.

Hi Christine

Stuarts advise is always spot on, I would always repair panels if possible as the fit and quality of many new panels are not up to scratch TRGB are always worth a call for parts and they are very friendly with advice also 

Chris

Thank you Stuart and Chris - taken your comments on board and passed on to my engineer, guess the work will take longer but hopefully it will be a less costly route to repair existing too.  I looked at the Revington wheel arch liners, excellent description on their website, pricey but worth the investment I imagine.

Roll on getting in the road again :) 

Many Thanks

Christine

On 2/18/2021 at 6:52 PM, aleda said:

Thank you Stuart and Chris - taken your comments on board and passed on to my engineer, guess the work will take longer but hopefully it will be a less costly route to repair existing too.  I looked at the Revington wheel arch liners, excellent description on their website, pricey but worth the investment I imagine.

Roll on getting in the road again :) 

Many Thanks

Christine

I'm not sure I would class those wheel arch liners essential at that price, yes nicely moulded but not at £330. If you couldn't make them yourself I'd just protect it properly with paint and stonechip and keep it maintained.

29 minutes ago, Jase said:

I'm not sure I would class those wheel arch liners essential at that price, yes nicely moulded but not at £330. If you couldn't make them yourself I'd just protect it properly with paint and stonechip and keep it maintained.

Says he about to spend £4k on a Surrey conversion ;)

Stuart.

33 minutes ago, Jase said:

I fitted what would become the Revington liners back in the 90's and the wings 20 odd years later are spotless

£330 is not a great price to pay for something that actually works.

Roger

Stuart speaks from experience - the Revington wheel arch liners FIT, and that's the whole point.

It's all that muck being thrown up to lodge beneath the wings which causes the body rot.  And body rot is mighty expensive to rectify.  Better by far to try and prevent rot in the first place.

Ian Cornish

Bob - although Underwing Shield Kit not listed in Revington catalogue for TR2/3, have you spoken to Neil? 

Having owned a couple of TR2s in the 1960s, I cannot imagine that there is too great a difference in the shape & fixings required for the sidescreen TRs.

Ian Cornish

On 2/21/2021 at 9:09 AM, ianc said:

Bob - although Underwing Shield Kit not listed in Revington catalogue for TR2/3, have you spoken to Neil? 

Having owned a couple of TR2s in the 1960s, I cannot imagine that there is too great a difference in the shape & fixings required for the sidescreen TRs.

Ian Cornish

Neil bought the moulds for the 4/5/6 shields from our own Jerry TR5 I doubt they would go to the time and trouble that Jerry did to make his moulds as sidescreen inner arches are a very different shape and difficult to be consistent as the cars can vary by quite a bit.

Stuart.