Hi Folks,

I need an oil pump, but I want one that meets the original Triumph spec. relating to end float, clearance between barrel and case, and clearance between rotor veins and barrel. I know that end float can be managed by lapping the end plate but nothing can be done if the other two tolerances are excessive. 

My question:- anyone bought a pump recently that meets above and if so from where.

Many thanks.

TonyC

Hi Tony,

I bough one from Chris Witor as well, the internal tolerances were within WSM specification. The drive shaft diameter was smaller than the old original pump, which will result in unwanted oil loss. Also, the drive peg was smaller. 
And the 3 bolts have a smaller hex head. 

And lastly, the suction filter is poorly fabricated.

I posted all this a couple of years ago on this forum. So I’m not over-enthousiastic, but have good oil pressure. Not driven many miles to cannot comment on performance on long term use. Hope the peg will not fail due to fatigue.

Many on here are enthusiastic as you see but apologies, for me the quality of this repro-item was “not perfect”but there are no better alternatives I know of. So accepted it for what it is. It’s not expensive. 

Waldi

Just bought a blueprinted one from James Shackford recently. This chap has been doing 2.5 pi's for a long time now and he has probably forgotten more than I will ever know. Very clever chap,  If you are interested send me a pm and I will send you his phone number.

I have no connection with James other than my recommendation.

Alan

12 hours ago, Waldi said:

If I recall correctly mine was stamped “county”.

Waldi

You do have to specify a blueprinted one from Chris Witor when ordering or you`ll get a standard one.

Stuart.

8 hours ago, stuart said:

You do have to specify a blueprinted one from Chris Witor when ordering or you`ll get a standard one.

Stuart.

Hi Stuart,

I was not aware of that and Chris did not mention this option when I called him and asked about expected tolerances. The internal tolerances were within spec however, but the items that are normally not improved by “blueprinting” could easily have been approved if more care was made during manufacturing. At little or no additional cost. Just my 2 cts.

Best regards,
Waldi