None starter

Hi all changed my recently acquired tr4 today from pos earth to negative earth  depolarised Dynamo and changed leads on ammeter and coil but won’t start now spins over ok previous owner told me he fitted electronic ignition had a look in dizzy to confirm it but do I need to do anything with this 

"Hi all, changed my recently acquired tr4 today from pos earth to negative earth:  Depolarised Dynamo; changed leads on ammeter and coil but won’t start now. Spins over ok. Previous owner told me he fitted electronic ignition. Had a look in dizzy to confirm it - but do I need to do anything with this?"

I guess you have reversed the polarity on the ignition module and they tend not to like that!

They are cheap - just make sure you get a -ve earth replacement. I guess they don't have polarity protection at the price they are sold at, so it is easy to fry them by simply connecting them up incorrectly and the polarity swap will likely have done that indirectly. You could revert to positive earth as a test just in case it has survived until you get a -ve earth module.

TR Chris is correct you will also need to swap the coil leads over too.

In theory changing polarity should be simple but as you have discovered there can be unforeseen problems. In addition to comments above I would also suggest you check the voltage regulator. The old wire type are ok but the newer solid state ones are polarity dependent. I also once tried connecting a metal bodied clock that was positive earth to my negative earth car. Spent ages trying to insulate it and gave up in the end.

Keith