Stainless Steel Exhaust System

I have just fitted a stainless steel exhaust system, a standard system with a Phoenix silencer from the TR Shop. I have the system installed just need to tighten the clamps.  The quality of the system is excellent and the pipe joints slip together beautifully with very close fitting.  I have bought a tube of Holts Firegum exhaust assembly paste but am wondering if I need to use it. The old mild steel system had been sealed and was the devil to separate. I am thinking if I need in the future to separate the new system for removing the diff. for example it would be a lot easier without sealant. Has anyone fitted an stainless exhaust without sealant with good leak free result?

Thank you for your help.

Bill 

I have a Phoenix manifold & single pipe system, I have had it apart a few times and always use fire gum, it comes apart again easily enough.

12 hours ago, wheeler said:

I have just fitted a stainless steel exhaust system, a standard system with a Phoenix silencer from the TR Shop. I have the system installed just need to tighten the clamps.  The quality of the system is excellent and the pipe joints slip together beautifully with very close fitting.  I have bought a tube of Holts Firegum exhaust assembly paste but am wondering if I need to use it. The old mild steel system had been sealed and was the devil to separate. I am thinking if I need in the future to separate the new system for removing the diff. for example it would be a lot easier without sealant. Has anyone fitted an stainless exhaust without sealant with good leak free result?

Thank you for your help.

Bill 

I tried to use exhaust sealant, but it was such a good fit I didn't bother on some joints as the sealant made it harder to assemble. 

Gareth

I use copperslip, comes apart easily, if as you say its a good fit the it`ll seal fine, dont overtighten the "U" clamps as thats what makes them difficult t separate or use the Mikalor type clamps. Mikalor clamps

Stuart.

2 minutes ago, stuart said:

I use copperslip, comes apart easily, if as you say its a good fit the it`ll seal fine, dont overtighten the "U" clamps as thats what makes them difficult t separate or use the Mikalor type clamps. Mikalor clamps

Stuart.

+1

I use copper grease with Mikalor clamps. Seals well and easy to remove when necessary in future.

Nigel