Fuel tank -steel or Aluminium

Posted this in TR4/4A forum by mistake, it is a TR250.

I’m having problems with the outlet from my tank getting blocked, so rather then use a sealer I would prefer a new one.

Moss are 5 minutes away and have both steel and aluminium in stock so I can collect one on Monday.

so which do I go for Steel or Aluminium?

Nigel

Tank is now out and full of crud, this rubbery lump had been sucked in causing problem

3F160706-0107-4060-8775-2EC84FEFEEBA.jpeg

I just replaced my tank after a serious failure of the new tank sealer. I used Alicool who made my new aluminium tank to order with the filler in the correct place. This is the first time it lined up in 30 years. They have great customer service. 
Good luck with it

Richard & B

Hi Nigel

Have a look at Richards (rcrewread on here) Ali tanks. I bought one and its well made.

Andy   

Andy - thanks for the plug - I've already been in touch with Nigel but he's going to try salvaging his existing tank first.

However, I want to make it clear that the tanks I've got are manufactured by Alicool who are a top UK manufacturer - I didn't want people to misinterpret your post to think I make them myself!!

Cheers Rich