TR mechanic in Milton Keynes area - any recommendations?

Hi Folks, can anyone recommend a mobile mechanic in the Milton Keynes area? I have a mystery ignition problem that has gotten worse, so not starting now. And probably coincidentally a healthy overdrive switch stopped working as the misfire got worse. I need help!! Appreciate any contacts of mobile mechanic who knows about TRs. Cheers.

Hello Matt and welcome to the forum.

I can't help with finding a mechanic but this sounds as though it might be a reasonably simple thing to self-diagnose if you are willing and able to have a go with some guidance from us.  

If you are, can you tell us a bit more about the fault and the car type - and if the wiring and ignition system is standard?  The ignition and the overdrive switch both get power from the same area so it might be related.  

Do you possess a voltmeter? 

Rob

Hi Matt

I don't know about the MK area specifically, but have you considered contacting your local group - there is a wealth of experience out there.  There are quite a few TRR members in the general area of MK.

Harry

Matt is a TRR member and as one of the committee of his local group, I have tried to make contact with him to assist. So far no response, but he has not revisited the forum since his original post on 5th Feb. If contact is made, I am sure we can help him.

Mike