Floor Snaps

hi guys

In my tub, I count only two male snaps on the floor roughly where the steering wheel is  on the floor (both sides).  I guess 50 yrs later the originals went into obscurity.  How many should there be please?  Also I am going for original felt and carpet, and plan to air it out every winter as the garage is a bit dampish anyway as part of my yearly admin.  

Suggestions much appreciated,

Richard

Richard,

My car had the two you indicate however I had trouble with the carpet moving forward all the time to fold up under the pedals, probably something do do with my restless feet. My solution was to glue two 50mm webbing straps under the carpet extended beyond the rear of the carpet and bolt them down with the seat fixing bolts. The carpet now stays in place.

So I would guess two front fixings are not enough and more may be required.

Alan

I presume you mean the floor mats, I have 2 in front of the seat and 2 up at the front, the seats are bolted on the mats under the seat.

I used 4 threaded rods with a spike ground on the top, screw these into the seat  bolt positions, align the the carpet and push over the spikes to mark its location, then you can make a larger hole with a hole punch.

John

Whenever I fit new carpets to restos I fit six snaps for the front footwell carpets, two at the end nearest the seat then two at the front of the floor and then two on the toeboard near the top of the carpet, they dont move no matter what your doing. I use these https://www.woolies-trim.co.uk/category/50/carpet-fasteners

Stuart.