Back in the saddle

Just a quick into. I’m new to the register but not new to Triumphs, having owned a 70 TR6 (sold), a 72 TR6 (rear ended and totaled), a 68 TR250 (rolling restoration, in my son’s possession), and my current project a 67 TR5. Note I said current project and not new, as I purchased this car in 1986. 

Between getting married, a new job, and twins, the restoration has been on hold since about 1990. I started with restoration of all the mechanical systems and then hit 80% of the body work. Since then I have done nothing, so basically I have had a car sitting in boxes for the last 30 years.

I have a ton of questions, mostly in regards to what I have to redo, and probably even more about routing of all the components. I am shocked about how easily a recognize parts but again it has been 30 years since I took them the off the car. The one advantage of all this is I never sold my TR 250, which was the original plan to finance the 5. It has been a challenge to keep my wife happy as I have taken over ½ of my garage for that period of time.

Ken in California

Welcome Ken

you will find a lot of advice and guidance on this excellent forum, most of it sensible!

steve

3 hours ago, Steves_TR6 said:

most of it sensible

:D