Parcel2Go, or not, as the case may be!!!!

Hi everyone. Just for information.

In November I sent off a small parcel to a friend with couple of remanufactured parts. The parts were correctly described, accepted, and insured for their market advertised value of £40. The parts never turned up so I started the process of trying to get my money back. Parcel2Go were given the name of the recipient, his order, the original advert, and my bank details clearly showing the transaction. Parcel2Go have offered £18, describing their offer as a "Fair offer". At this moment in time they are refusing to pay the full insured market value amount. It begs the question, is there any point in the appropriate insurance. Also, I presume that they still have, and are responsible for, my goods?

Has anyone else had this sort of problem, and won!!. Or can anyone tell me where Parcel2Go lives. LOL

Russell

1 minute ago, harrytr5 said:

Bast*rds  will never get my custom. Had a problem with another carrier (permes) and although sorted I do not want the stress so post office for me now.

Regards Harry

.......and are they any better !!

Rger

Hermes pay up the full amount insured within 28 days of a complaint. They do lose stuff, but at least they pay up.

Hi Bob.

Yes, I understand that, but, my contract is with Parcel2Go. They are the party that has made me the 'fair offer'. I presume they have a contract with anyone they wish, who will deliver the goods, or in my case, not!!!!

Russell

My son had an issue with Packlink, another middleman. Took his parcel and delivered it all ok and then tried to charge him an extra £5 as it didn’t comply to their size conditions although he had supplied all info requested accurately. He contested it with them and won the day.

I thought that I had read with Parcelforce that car parts are listed in their prohibited items! May be wrong.

Good luck,

Tim

... am wrong. They won’t take panels, bumpers, bonnets and doors ie things you wouldn’t want to send realistically.

Tim

Edited by Tim T

I have used Parcel2Go for many years for UK, Europe, Australia, USA etc.  I send several parcels a week and have had very few issues.

I only tend to select the big couriers such as TNT, UPS, DPD and of course Parcel Force.

Why would you go to the Post Office to send with Parcel Force.  Just send 11 Kg to Canada for £65 using P2G with Parcel Force dropping it off at my local Post Office.  If I had walked in and sent the same parcel with them is would have been £145 so for me it is a no brainer.

Neil

I do remember Alec saying they werent that good, I always use Interparcel as theyre very good and you can easily talk to them on the phone in this country. As for them saying "Reasonable offer" point them to their own terms and conditions with regards to the insurance and if necessary if you paid by card then go back to your card providers.

Stuart.

• 2 weeks later...
17 minutes ago, YOW500 said:

After several weeks, and "e mail chats", ( what a joy way to communicate they are!!! ) I have now been reimbursed in full. It really should not take that long.

Russell

Thats why I use Interparcel as you can talk to them on the phone.

Stuart.