Independent Shenanigans

1 minute ago, Peter Cobbold said:

Salmon and Sturgeon....its all a bit fishy. If Indyref2 went their way we would of course BUILD the WALL, again. Hadrian lives OK ! And Westmonster will then be really, really nice to Wales......................or perhaps get the diggers out and sort out Offa's dyke good and proper.  :P

Roger

There is an alternative. Scotland, Wales and N. Ireland all the leave the current Union and form their own New UK and apply to join the EU. England would then be totally isolated and surrounded by the EU. We would need even more borders, more paperwork, more civil servants and more un-elected officials. Bring it on, Nigel would be delighted.

I personally hope the UK stays together.

Mick

4 hours ago, Mick Forey said:

There is an alternative. Scotland, Wales and N. Ireland all the leave the current Union and form their own New UK and apply to join the EU. England would then be totally isolated and surrounded by the EU. We would need even more borders, more paperwork, more civil servants and more un-elected officials. Bring it on, Nigel would be delighted.

I personally hope the UK stays together.

Mick

I’m not liking your suggestion Mick. What do you think about making an offer to Eire, Sweden, Hungary, Poland, Italy, Greece, Switzerland, Iceland, who knows  (if Marie LE Pen gets in) even  France, leave EU, become independent, control their water, where applicable, and boarders, makings own laws, manage their own interest rates and currency. Then form a tariff free Europes common trading markets incorporating Norway, it rings a bell. This with a CPTPP agreement being United would be a formidable alliance. 

EU, Sorry who? 
:)

Edited by Misfit

After Putrid has been deposed Russia will be looking westwards for trading partners, and I dont see them handing power to Brussels. Russia, Scandinavia, UK, USA, Canada will all be less damaged by GW-CC than most of the planet,  and could make a natural trading block to counter China.

The “ Wee Crankie” is flying closer to the wind than she thinks... all to play for.

Mick Richards

• 2 weeks later...
9 hours ago, Peter Cobbold said:

Maybe Westminster's spooks working to divide the SNP and head off devolution ?

Westminster have no need to provide any input - they will be enjoying their popcorn While this plays out :) 

....... Andy 

On 2/10/2021 at 11:13 AM, Peter Cobbold said:

After Putrid has been deposed Russia will be looking westwards for trading partners, and I dont see them handing power to Brussels. Russia, Scandinavia, UK, USA, Canada will all be less damaged by GW-CC than most of the planet,  and could make a natural trading block to counter China.

Great Waltham Cricket Club may have a lot to asnwer for, but not I think the decline in international trade.

Well being a Scot, living in Scotland I find myself living in a very strange place at present. The general concensus of "the Middle Belt" , thats the populated  area between Glasgow and Edinburgh think the sun and moon shine out of " Tufty's" arse. Why? As Ian has stated earlier in this thread its for two reasons really both of which are very disturbing.

Firstly there is still  the deep rooted, ancient and frankly stupid attitude that these people have of "its us and them, the Auld Enemy, if you like". It has become so engrained over a period of many years, centuries, that along with deeply felt views on religion too, it has got to the stage that if England gave Scotland everything they owned it still wouldn't be enough. Like "bleatin wains" these people have literally been brainwashed into thinking that Scotland would be far better off if we left the Union. As you have gathered I do not share that opinion and how can the SNP now state that that the greater majority of voters in Scotland favour Independence taken on a poll of 1,000 people? I'm afraid that these Scots have become like sheep, all too easily led by SNP shepherds who couldn't tell you the truth even if they wanted too. Hoodwinked? Oh yes!

Secondly the "Scottish Nasty Party" have no opposition. This Scottish election coming up shortly will be another SNP walkover and then we will get the usual " we are brilliant 'cos we have won 58 seats out of 59" . This is NOT the same as a Devolution vote even though they will use it as such. There is frankly no-one else to actually vote for so many Scots will vote SNP for the reasons listed above and zero opposition from the Cons and the Labs. The Labs and Cons have split the votes in Scotland thus making any serious opposition to the" SNAPS" effectively pointless. 

The question that no-one asks today is how would we be able to afford a "go it alone" policy? I keep waiting for one of our so called learned reporters on television to ask that simple question but its never asked ! Why, I know not?  The fact is a self-governing state as Scotland would become would be bankrupt within 3 years, we have nothing of any consequence to export anyway, a little whiskey perhaps and some home grown tourism, very little income from oil/gas nowadays so where is the money going to come from? Damned if I know. One thing is it will not come from Westminster like it has done for years now and not inconsiderable sums either.

Now lastly to keep things in perspective, I am a Scot yes but there have been many days recently I am embarrassed to call myself a Scot, we should be ashamed to be classed as a nation of whinners. As for us joining the EU, don't make me laugh! They have more than enough "hangers-on" and a shrinking pot of gold so they don't need another lost cause!

Alan 

10 hours ago, Ian Vincent said:

Like her or not, (and I don't) she is too canny a politician to be caught out by this.  It will all blow over leaving her more popular than ever.

Rgds Ian

Remember Teflon Tony? Still pontificating on the airwaves; well we now have Teflon Tartan Tufty........

I think you are absolutely right Alan, It’s us or them is Ingrained.  It applies to Europe too, particularly with France, we have a turbulent past. It’s a shame it can’t be left there.

The Labour Party disintegrated in Scotland I can’t see the Conservative  filling that gap just now. You need a strong opposition to SNP sadly we have wasted time and time is no longer on our side, it seems. 

Scotland Ireland Wales and England better together

Edited by Misfit

Oh come on Alan stop sitting on the fence.

I have a friend in Shetland who tells me that the islands want to remain with England in the union and would seek independence from Scotland.

Obviously a lot of very strong feelings in Scotland

Alan

14 minutes ago, RogerH said:

Can we lock her in the Tower for her own good :P

Roger

I doubt it, within a week she'd be arguing with her own echo :lol:

Mick Richards