What a difference 3 years makes.

I had to get the car out of the shed today to get some photos to send off with the registration application and while I was at it I dug out a couple of the older pictures

No 1, taken in March 2018

DSC00491.thumb.JPG.16e5fdb58a5350c2c25ebfe890ae7913.JPG

This next one was April 2020

20200411_132735.jpg.56651121612925dab5988f760ef57118.jpg

And todays

20210125_123003.jpg.c7ff6a6edfcc6f9aa2d1d195761d4e62.jpg

Mind you it wouldn`t be done if it had not been for the lockdown and all the spare time that gave me self isolating in the garage.

Ralph

Thank you all. It`s not concours, but I think it look reasonable for an entire home restoration done in a dusty garage.

Ralph

Don't talk yourself down, you have made excellent use of the lockdown and have made an absolutely cracking job of the car.

Like those who have posted already, I am VERY IMPRESSED!

Ian Cornish

Looks good Ralph.  I notice that in the original photo the 'Fish mouth pout' had been removed and presumably when you rebuilt it you had to re-shape it.  I see that you have also converted from LHD to RHD.  My TR3a ws the same - imported from the States and a PO had gone to the time and trouble of removing the 'Pout' which I had to get as much back as I could.  I wonder why they do it?

Rgds Ian

36 minutes ago, Ian Vincent said:

Looks good Ralph.  I notice that in the original photo the 'Fish mouth pout' had been removed and presumably when you rebuilt it you had to re-shape it.  I see that you have also converted from LHD to RHD.  My TR3a ws the same - imported from the States and a PO had gone to the time and trouble of removing the 'Pout' which I had to get as much back as I could.  I wonder why they do it?

Rgds Ian

I know what you mean. I think they were just prone to getting damaged and it was easier to get them wrong than get them right. Heres another photo but you can`t see it very well, but it is concave all the way across the front under the Triumph badge.

Ralph

20210125_122902.jpg

wow, can I come o your four posters C L I N I C    I could do with a make over but I think it will take you longer than two years to sort me out!

Still, a steam clean, wire brush and a coat of underseal on me bottom half would be a good start!

2 minutes ago, Nigel C said:

Still, a steam clean, wire brush and a coat of underseal on me bottom half would be a good start!

Not sure how to respond to that. 

Ralph

1 hour ago, PGB BME said:

Ralph, nice work you must be proud, enjoy it (hopefully this summer!)

Ive not forgot about the stator tube lockdown permitting, hopefully I can get a tour of the car when I pop over

Regards

Phil

Its still there waiting for you so no rush.

Ralph

30 minutes ago, Nigel C said:

wow, can I come o your four posters C L I N I C    I could do with a make over but I think it will take you longer than two years to sort me out!

i do that every weekend whether i like it or not, part of my personal beauty regime

Thanks to all of you for the positive replies. I am looking forward to getting it registered, the number plates should be the last thing to buy, and then I will be able to drive it a bit further than in and out of the garage.

Ralph.

On 1/26/2021 at 7:23 AM, R.M. said:

i do that every weekend whether i like it or not, part of my personal beauty regime

Haha. Lovely car.