Carpet recommendations pls.

I shall be needing a carpet set for my TR4 soon, and notice Danbury classic carpets do a "Best Quality set" for around £205.

Has anyone had some experience of the company with regards to quality?

37 minutes ago, pfenlon said:

I shall be needing a carpet set for my TR4 soon, and notice Danbury classic carpets do a "Best Quality set" for around £205.

Has anyone had some experience of the company with regards to quality?

Pete - if you ask them, they will send you some samples - I ended up in the end with a TR Shop standard set which were both good value and quality, and which Stuart uses so that was good enough for me.

Cheers Rich

Edited by rcreweread

TR shop carpets are manufactured by John Skinner Ltd which have a very good reputation. I bought a set last summer from the TR Shop, strangely enough were cheaper than quoted by |John Skinner direct. Fitted vet well.

Rich

Fitted a set of Moss carpets to my six, the quality has deteriorated since the PO fitted a set about 15 years ago.

Pile is thinner and they are about 25% lighter but do fit well and have a softer edging, (come to think of it the handbrake section was a rubbish fit) not sure who makes them...get samples if you can, I was stuck for time and thought Moss would be a good buy.

17 hours ago, rvwp said:

TR shop carpets are manufactured by John Skinner Ltd which have a very good reputation. I bought a set last summer from the TR Shop, strangely enough were cheaper than quoted by |John Skinner direct. Fitted vet well.

Rich

Not any more they arent and havent been for quite a while, Loukas has them made by AFIK the same firm that makes them for TRF.

Stuart.

Edited by stuart
  • 4 weeks later...

I got a set from eBay in Sep 2020 from a vendor called chart one automotive for 100 GBP. They fitted ressonably well and look good but, obviously, I cannot talk about their durability, as I have barely used them...

Bought shadow blue carpet and underlay from TR Shop recently. Good price and perfect fit.

Tim