Metal glove box lid & lock

A bit of help please, I’m putting together my TR4 white dash with metal cubby box lid. 

the lid lock has chrome finger pull and at the rear of the lock there is a shaped “u” bracket and grub screw,,

When I put it together, the U shaped bracket when screwed up doesn’t secure the lock, it’s nowhere near the back of the glove box lid. The timber glove box lid is thicker than the metal  lid so is there another bracket for metal lids?

Phil

Hi Phil,

the Moss WebCat show that same 'U' bracket for both doors.

I'll TRy and get out and look at mine to see the difference. Give me an hour.  From...................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................now.

Roger

12 minutes ago, PGB BME said:

A bit of help please, I’m putting together my TR4 white dash with metal cubby box lid. 

the lid lock has chrome finger pull and at the rear of the lock there is a shaped “u” bracket and grub screw,,

When I put it together, the U shaped bracket when screwed up doesn’t secure the lock, it’s nowhere near the back of the glove box lid. The timber glove box lid is thicker than the metal  lid so is there another bracket for metal lids?

Phil

Yes they are different, they come as a unit lock and bracket items 25 and 26 https://www.moss-europe.co.uk/shop-by-model/triumph/tr2-4a/interior/dashboards-consoles/dashboard-tr4-4a-1961-67.html

Stuart.

just doing the same.

removed a wood dash and gone for the white painted look, but do not have or can not get the hinges for the metal door.

Are the 4 and 4a backing metal dash different  ?

Roy 

I noticed that when fitting my then TR4 metal dash. It should be fairly simple to make one up if NLA. I do not like ashtrays  so made up a stainless sheet  which my mate engine turned and fitted a clock in its place. Don't know if the new owner will keep it but I always like to put a stamp on things I rebuild. Regards Harry20201105_173658_resized.thumb.jpg.3a15ab5428bc149bf8e22315da7222a6.jpg